GIGABYTE B450M DS3H AM4 Ryzen 3 3rd gen Not posting

Go to solution Solved by StarNova,
14 hours ago, Shreyasb said:

Usual a single stick in ddr4_2 slot

And remove the CMOS battery for 30s and try to boot it.wait for 5 - 10min

Motherboard bios should be good

Ryzen 3200g is practically second gen but the bios came when 3rd gen ryzen launched so don't worry 

After trying this, and still getting nothing, I went to bed as it was late. Went to try again this morning, and only the Ram leds turned on, the the board rgb, the fans, the harddrive, and the GPU all never came to life. Switched to a known good power supply, tried it there. Nothing. I am now fairly confident the board was DOA. I even took it apart, put it back together and check each and every piece for any dirt or grime or corrosion to see if maybe a lead was bad.and everything came looked clean and in good shape.

I was trying to put together a new computer for a friend, got everything hooked up,  When I tried to turn it on and boot to the bios for the initial post, It never shows a splash screen or a prompt to enter the bio, but instead shows a sold black Screen with an unblinking underscore on it

_

Is it in need of a bios update? How would I do that without a spare CPU to plug in?

Complete build details are: GIGABYTE B450M DS3H AM4 AMD B450 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Mother board(box says 3rd gen ready out of box), Ryzen 3 3200G, OLOy DDR4 RAM 32GB (2x16GB) Warhawk Aura Sync RGB 3200 MHz CL16 1.35V 288-Pin Desktop Gaming UDIMM,

XFX Radeon RX 580 GTS XXX Edition 1386MHz OC+, 8GB GDDR5, VR Ready, Dual BIOS, 3xDP HDMI DVI, AMD Graphics Card (RX-580P8DFD6), 

Seasonic S12III 650 SSR-650GB3 650W 80+ Bronze ATX12V, Seagate BarraCuda ST2000DM008 2TB 7200 RPM 256MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Hard Drive Bare Drive, Silicon Power 256GB NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen3x4 2280 TLC SSD (SU256GBP34A80M28AB)

10 minutes ago, StarNova said:

I was trying to put together a new computer for a friend, got everything hooked up,  When I tried to turn it on and boot to the bios for the initial post, It never shows a splash screen or a prompt to enter the bio, but instead shows a sold black Screen with an unblinking underscore on it

_

Is it in need of a bios update? How would I do that without a spare CPU to plug in?

Complete build details are: GIGABYTE B450M DS3H AM4 AMD B450 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Mother board(box says 3rd gen ready out of box), Ryzen 3 3200G, OLOy DDR4 RAM 32GB (2x16GB) Warhawk Aura Sync RGB 3200 MHz CL16 1.35V 288-Pin Desktop Gaming UDIMM,

XFX Radeon RX 580 GTS XXX Edition 1386MHz OC+, 8GB GDDR5, VR Ready, Dual BIOS, 3xDP HDMI DVI, AMD Graphics Card (RX-580P8DFD6), 

Seasonic S12III 650 SSR-650GB3 650W 80+ Bronze ATX12V, Seagate BarraCuda ST2000DM008 2TB 7200 RPM 256MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Hard Drive Bare Drive, Silicon Power 256GB NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen3x4 2280 TLC SSD (SU256GBP34A80M28AB)

It shouldn't need a bios update, try clearing the CMOS maybe? 

It could also be your ram, try one stick on each slot 

Also if you don't mind me asking, why such a budget system overall but 32gb of ram? 

6 minutes ago, AeroMagnus said:

It shouldn't need a bios update, try clearing the CMOS maybe? 

It could also be your ram, try one stick on each slot 

Also if you don't mind me asking, why such a budget system overall but 32gb of ram? 

Tried one stick in each slot, and clearing the CMOS, and unfortunately It didn't work. Also I think I posted the wrong amount for ram, its 16g not 32g, also just incase it maters the case is a DEEPCOOL MATREXX 30 Micro ATX Case Tempered Glass Panel Larger Area of Air-intake

24 minutes ago, StarNova said:
  1. I was trying to put together a new computer for a friend, got everything hooked up,  When I tried to turn it on and boot to the bios for the initial post, It never shows a splash screen or a prompt to enter the bio, but instead shows a sold black Screen with an unblinking underscore on it

_

I would say check your storage 

And underscore in black screen is usually indication of no memory

Do these steps first

1. Try reinstalling all the storage devices properly(check data cables,sata power,M.2 connector)
  2. U have said u have 16gb of ram is it a single stick or 2 sticks,If it is 2 stick which dimm slots have used 

5 minutes ago, Shreyasb said:

I would say check your storage 

And underscore in black screen is usually indication of no memory

Do these steps first

1. Try reinstalling all the storage devices properly(check data cables,sata power,M.2 connector)
  2. U have said u have 16gb of ram is it a single stick or 2 sticks,If it is 2 stick which dimm slots have used 

Alright I tried, doing that, and had no success. With the ram Slot 1,and 2 (from the right of the mother board they are in position 2, and 4) Also I am an idito who get hyper active and can't read when i order things the chip is actually https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07STGHZK8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_image_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 a second gen ryzen, not a 3rd, it may actually be that the bios doesn't have the proper way to run the chip afterall.

Giga byte motherboard layout.png

I had this happen to me the other day after cleaning my PC. It would boot to a black screen with a static(not blinking) underscore. If I left it on it would take a few minutes than boot normally. But what fixed it was replacing the CMOS battery so you might try that. Good luck 👍

9 minutes ago, StarNova said:

Alright I tried, doing that, and had no success. With the ram Slot 1,and 2 (from the right of the mother board they are in position 2, and 4) Also I am an idito who get hyper active and can't read when i order things the chip is actually https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07STGHZK8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_image_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 a second gen ryzen, not a 3rd, it may actually be that the bios doesn't have the proper way to run the chip afterall.

Giga byte motherboard layout.png

Ryzen 3200g is practically second gen but the bios came when 3rd gen ryzen launched so don't worry 

14 hours ago, Shreyasb said:

After trying this, and still getting nothing, I went to bed as it was late. Went to try again this morning, and only the Ram leds turned on, the the board rgb, the fans, the harddrive, and the GPU all never came to life. Switched to a known good power supply, tried it there. Nothing. I am now fairly confident the board was DOA. I even took it apart, put it back together and check each and every piece for any dirt or grime or corrosion to see if maybe a lead was bad.and everything came looked clean and in good shape.