Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT Mounting Issue

Go to solution Solved by Mamonos,

That is a bracket made from Lian-Li to avoid GPU sag (did not expect them to put one inside the case - how nice)

4 hours ago, JhMitch said:

It looks like they may have just mounted this platform in the wrong spot compared to pics of the PC on the website.

It can be mounted either to this position or all the way to the right of the motherboard (it goes along with motherboard screws).

The problem is if mounted in the current position, with your GPU it's going to hit the fan.

My question is, with this platform not in contact with the base anymore, will this cause issue with stabilization or cause it to fall at some point?

If you don't do anything, it's still going to be fine, but it will probably sag (i.e. bend) a bit over time.

Best solution: unscrew and mount it to the far right so it can support your GPU.

So I bought a brand new Power Spec Gaming PC, the G464, from Micro Center. I got everything set up and once I started actually running a game, I started to hear a gawd awful rattling noise. Upon closer inspection, I noticed the right fan on my AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT was hitting the rubber piece of what appears to be the stabilization platform. So I loosened the screw, the platform fell a bit, and now the issue is gone. It looks like they may have just mounted this platform in the wrong spot compared to pics of the PC on the website. My question is, with this platform not in contact with the base anymore, will this cause issue with stabilization or cause it to fall at some point? 

thumbnail_20200505_193837.jpg

Its a 2 hour drive #1. #2 because of covid 19, they arent allowing people in the store, pick-up only. #3 its a 48 hour turn around and would have to make the 2 hour drive twice..

28 minutes ago, JhMitch said:

It looks like they may have just mounted this platform in the wrong spot compared to pics of the PC on the website.

make them move it to the proper position and while your there get some money taken off for your inconvenience :)

4 minutes ago, JhMitch said:

Its a 2 hour drive #1

in that case, just take it out or move it over to the proper mounting holes.   That card already has a backplate

If you contact MC for a warranty issue, they will take care of you Covid or not.

If 2 hours to drive is too much of a hassle then so be it, but if the card decides to fall, it's on you (advice has been given in previous posts)

Alienware Area 51m 2019:  RTX 2060 | i7-9700 | 32GB Corsair Vengeance (2x16GB) 2666 | 1TB 970 EVO | 240GB Corsair Force MP510.

https://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=812790

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/NZKshatriya/saved/

BACKUP SYSTEM:  ASUS Prime X470 PRO | Ryzen 5 1600 | G.skill FORTIS 16GB(2x8GB) 2400 | SanDisk SDSSDA 120GB | EVGA SuperNOVA GA 850 | HAF-XB-EVO

12 minutes ago, TylerDurden! said:

in that case, just take it out or move it over to the proper mounting holes.   That card already has a backplate

It wont put any strain 9n it being there, unsupported?

That is a bracket made from Lian-Li to avoid GPU sag (did not expect them to put one inside the case - how nice)

It can be mounted either to this position or all the way to the right of the motherboard (it goes along with motherboard screws).

The problem is if mounted in the current position, with your GPU it's going to hit the fan.

My question is, with this platform not in contact with the base anymore, will this cause issue with stabilization or cause it to fall at some point?

If you don't do anything, it's still going to be fine, but it will probably sag (i.e. bend) a bit over time.

Best solution: unscrew and mount it to the far right so it can support your GPU.

*** Threads merged ***

Please don't post multiple times about same thing.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv