New case for my unRAID server

Seryth

My unRaid server is getting low an space, but the current case I have physically wont allow for any more HDDs.  I want to add an additional 2 HDDs to my server.  Upgrade the for the parity and an additional storage disk.  That would being my total storage to 6 HDDs and 1 SSD cache drive.  

I currently have 

i7-4790k 

Hyper 212 cooler

ASUS z97-AR motherboard

36GB ram 

GTX970 GPU 

600w semi modular PSU  (I cant remember the brand, but it is a normal PC PSU)

I can either go tower case or a rack mount and my desk has the rails (studio producers desk).  I would like for the case to have some good air flow and be somewhat quiet.  

Personally I'm a fan of the Fractal Node 804 (I use one for my FreeNAS system), but you'd have to find an mATX mobo (or smaller) to use it, and that may not make sense for you. Another mATX option would be a Silverstone CS381, but that would also require a change in power supply.

Rosewill has a 4U rackmount chassis that might do the trick, but quiet might be subjective there (maybe add some sound dampening foam to the panels?); you could probably snag one for around $100. Silverstone also has rack mount options, but those can be more expensive.

Might be good to check your local used market to see what's kicking around. You might be able to find used servers and/or server chassis that you could use. Additionally, look for old gaming PC cases, as many from the past decade have higher HDD slots than more recent cases. 

There's certainly lots of options based on your current equipment, but it really will boil down to what kind of price range you're aiming for and any preferences for aesthetics. 

Price range would be around $400 if it gets me what I want.  I really don't care about aesthetics.  It could be hot pink for all I care.  I really don't want to upgrade or change any components if I can avoid it.    

7 hours ago, Seryth said:

I can either go tower case or a rack mount and my desk has the rails (studio producers desk).  I would like for the case to have some good air flow and be somewhat quiet.  

A Fractal Design Define R6 of Define 7 would be able to hold multiple hard drives, and has fans pointing directly into hard drive bays. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25