Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

NHS APP screams of sketchy business....

So my personal experience with the NHS has resulted in me not seeing a DR or going to a hospital since I was 9, I'm 27 now and I've got permanent injuries caused by negligence.

 

So I just read this article by sky news. 

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-public-urged-to-download-nhs-contact-tracing-app-how-it-works-11983077

 

I see NHS which I lost faith in as a child and the the word tracing which is never good.

And now we have something else that can possibly be abused, exploited and used against our right to privacy.

 

Im not blind to the fact my experience is tainted.

But an app like this, I think could really be exploited in a messed up way. Not to mention alot of people are just such "idc it makes it work I'll just click allow" people and dont know what they're agreeing too half the time.

 

This app sounds a bit too sketchy to me, and theres no way I trust the NHS to build a secure app, and even more I doubt they'll let us see the code and protocols behind it... anyone else seen any thing about this. 

Screenshot_20200505-081109_Chrome.jpg

specs in spoiler.

Spoiler

 

Motherboard

Asrock A320M

CPU 

Ryzen 5 2600X 

GPU/s

2x MSI RX580 Gaming X 8GB

RAM

channel 1 Corsair Vengence LPX  DDR4 2133MHz 2x4GB

channel 2 Kingston HyperX Predator DDR4 3000MHz 2x4GB

Cooler

AMD Wraith Max RGB Cooler

Case

CiT Seven

Storage Internal Only.

SSD  Crucial BX500 120GB

HDD Segate ST2000L 2TB

Monitor/s         

LG UltraWide 25UM58

Acer XZ350CU 35" 21:9 Ultrawide

LG UltraWide 25UM58

Mouse

Logitech 203 Prodigy Wired

Keyboard

Logitech 213 Prodigy Wired

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I've had some bad experiences as well but come on, if you haven't been to a doctor since you were 9 that's on you. And you've completely changed an informative story to some kind of NHS hit piece because you have a grudge.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Sampsy said:

Yeah I've had some bad experiences as well but come on, if you haven't been to a doctor since you were 9 that's on you. And you've completely changed an informative story to some kind of NHS hit piece because you have a grudge.

also sky news is your source.  They are the ones who keep trying to peddle the coronavirus was man made well after irrefutable evidence was presented showing otherwise.

 

Is there a problem with the UK's app?  maybe, but evidence will need to be forthcoming before we can make claims about it being anything other than what they claim.

 

Just remember when it comes to things like this, the term political suicide carries weight.  Any party that endorses a tracing app in this climate that does anything other than promised is basically condemning themselves. 

 

 

 

 

QuicK and DirtY. Read the CoC it's like a guide on how not to be moron.  Also I don't have an issue with the VS series.

Sometimes I miss contractions like n't on the end of words like wouldn't, couldn't and shouldn't.    Please don't be a dick,  make allowances when reading my posts.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well just dont install it then :) tell your family and friends as well

You cant save everyone but you do your best

Awareness is key. Never enough, even in the face of futility. Speak the truth as if you may never get to say it again. This world is full of ugly. Change it they say. The only way is to reveal the ugly. To change the truth you must first acknowledge it. Never pretend it isn't there. Never bend the knee.

 

Please quote my post in your reply, so that I will be notified and can respond to it. Thanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Ryzenuser19 said:

So my personal experience with the NHS has resulted in me not seeing a DR or going to a hospital since I was 9, I'm 27 now and I've got permanent injuries caused by negligence.

 

So I just read this article by sky news. 

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-public-urged-to-download-nhs-contact-tracing-app-how-it-works-11983077

 

I see NHS which I lost faith in as a child and the the word tracing which is never good.

And now we have something else that can possibly be abused, exploited and used against our right to privacy.

 

Im not blind to the fact my experience is tainted.

But an app like this, I think could really be exploited in a messed up way. Not to mention alot of people are just such "idc it makes it work I'll just click allow" people and dont know what they're agreeing too half the time.

 

This app sounds a bit too sketchy to me, and theres no way I trust the NHS to build a secure app, and even more I doubt they'll let us see the code and protocols behind it... anyone else seen any thing about this. 

Screenshot_20200505-081109_Chrome.jpg

This isn't news, its an opinion piece and one that, by your own admission, is biased.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Windows 10 Pro X64 |

 

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Moved to off topic

Your dislike of the health care system is not Tech News.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Corsair H100i AIO | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | HDD: Seagate Ironwolf 8TB + 2x Seagate Ironwolf 6TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, mr moose said:

also sky news is your source.  They are the ones who keep trying to peddle the coronavirus was man made well after irrefutable evidence was presented showing otherwise.

 

Is there a problem with the UK's app?  maybe, but evidence will need to be forthcoming before we can make claims about it being anything other than what they claim.

 

Just remember when it comes to things like this, the term political suicide carries weight.  Any party that endorses a tracing app in this climate that does anything other than promised is basically condemning themselves.

It goes beyond even that to straight up paranoia.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Windows 10 Pro X64 |

 

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Even the guy in the photo can't believe you fell for that article..

Link to post
Share on other sites

It uses bluetooth, not exactly tracking your every move (which networks do anyway as part of being a network).

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×