Inverse ATX motherboard?

Hello everyone,

I am attempting to help my brother build a computer, but we are using the case of our old Dell XPS 400 to do it. The problem with the case and by extension the motherboard, is that the general design is inverted as if you were looking at a mirrored version of the case. When the front panel of the case is facing you, the motherboard is screwed to the left side, not the right. This means that the I/O panel and PCI-e card slots are reversed as well, making for another hurdle to cross since I cannot just flip a motherboard upside down. The PCI-e slots would be behind the I/O panel and vice versa. Pictures have been provided for more information. Do not worry about the hardware and cables inside, since we will be removing most of it (leaving possibly the header behind). My brother is dead-set on choosing the Dell case despite the arbitrary and proprietary design, since he is very nostalgic about the look of it, so attempting to use another case would be hard to sell.

The only possible option (that being the nuclear one) I could see is to modify the case itself. This would most likely involve re-welding the back panel and if needed, readjusting the screw holes to fit the ATX form factor. Are there any other options, such as more modern motherboards that work with these types of cases, or would my only option be to start modifying the physical design of the case itself? And if that is the only option, are there any professionals or businesses that might be able to help me and my brother with this?

Many thanks in advance.

20200504_144035.jpg

20200504_144436.jpg

20200504_144933.jpg

That's called BTX format. Not standard ATX that you are accustomed to. 

You can get a new case for like 20 bucks that is ATX. Get a new case is my suggestion.

Its not really practical even if you found a BTX motherboard as that case and motherboard are designed to go together precisely, as seen with how the CPU cooler is ducted and designed to also cool the chipset.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

It's a prebuilt obviously so most components are proprietary, easiest thing is to mod the case, few companies actually use this style of board, only company that still does I believe is apple, no welding required just drill holes where they need to be and thread them, and make a cutout for the io and gpu, although it's much better if you can get a case if your budget allows, one you mod this case you will have used up it's potential, it already lacks in airflow and cooler height limitations, if it's a low power system should be fine

Make sure there is no metal shavings after drilling and it's should be fine