Is This the Future of Unreal Engine 4?

Pickles von Brine

Yeah looks awesome, really there even more impressive demos I've seen. 

Now if only we see UT see the light of day being finished. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

performance will probably be pretty bad considering its already not the most efficient engine around by quite a bit

21 hours ago, WereCatf said:

Yeah, I could tell instantly that those were just renders. High-quality renders, but definitely instantly recognizable as ones.

the thing that bugs me most is the subway car that has most of the lights on and somehow has a very dark floor. Subway cars are super bright on the inside when all the lights are on

On 5/4/2020 at 3:07 PM, straight_stewie said:

Yeah. It's "the other market" that Unreal markets towards: Architectural Visualization.

I wish we had the budget for a fancy rendering package like this at my office. We could offload the rendering to a few minutes on a video card, instead it's 20+ hours of flogging the poor Ryzen 1600 in one of our workstations to do large enough renders for our purposes.

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 5900X

Kingston HyperX Fury 3200mhz 2x16GB

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

WD 5400RPM 2TB

EVGA G3 750W

Corsair Carbide 300R

Arctic Fans 140mm x4 120mm x 1

After staring at them for a while and wondering why they don’t look ‘100%’, I think it’s the textures. Wood don’t look right but reflections look perfect which is why the gym one looks so good. But places with more matt surfaces look worse such as the dark projector room or the classroom with those wood tables that don’t bounce right. I see it close in the future though.

Although I doubt this is real-time.

5 hours ago, emosun said:

the thing that bugs me most is the subway car that has most of the lights on and somehow has a very dark floor. Subway cars are super bright on the inside when all the lights are on

Just imagine it’s a zombie apocalypse and that’s emergency lighting.

On 5/4/2020 at 9:04 PM, FezBoy said:

I mean they look epic, but if it isn't realtime it doesn't really mean much.

it is real time as i have previously downloaded this https://www.unrealengine.com/marketplace/en-US/product/city-subway-train-modular  and it runs well as long as tou spend about an hour compiling all the lighting, however after that it runs fine on my laptop with a gtx960 at around 50fps