Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How to wipe my SSD with windows 10

Hello,

I have recently been given the task of replacing my friends HDD with an SSD on his 2014 MacBook Pro that is disastrously slow. My plan was to use a bootable USB with MAC OS on it. Upon turning on the macbook pro and holding "option" the macbook would not recognize the .dmg file with the Mac Os on it. My friend said he was fine if Windows 10 was on it. So I took the easy route and grabbed my other USB with WIndows 10 and did an install. After installing Windows 10 I ran into many QoL problems - Can't right click, speakers won't work, can't scroll with 2 fingers. Speakers not working and no right-click being the man problems. Now I want to delete everything and start again by trying to install Mac OS however I have not found a single "free" software that would allow me to wipe my SSD and restart. All I would like to do is replace Windows 10 with MAC OS (there are so many MAC OS's on apples software download site...I don't even know which one to select which may have been my initial problem). Any suggestions as to what I can do to replace my Windows 10 with the right kind of MAC OS for a 2014 MacBook Pro?

You can use internet recovery, so you don't need to make. bootble usb. Press cmd + R at bootup to instll osx from the entwork.

You need with boot camp drivers to use windows 10 without those issues.

You don't need to wipe the ssd, you can do that from the installer when you instll osx

Oh yes! Thank you so much. That is so dang easy.

I am at the step where I select my disk to install OS X but it says "This disk doesn't use the GUID Partition Table scheme." Must be due of course to the Windows partition scheme being NTFS? 

I am in the Disk Utility - Partition Tab. Which format do I choose? 

Mac OS Extended (Journaled)

Mac OS Extended (Case-Sensitive, Journaled)

MS-DOS (FAT)

Free Space

2 minutes ago, bgardne7 said:

am in the Disk Utility - Partition Tab. Which format do I choose? 

Mac OS Extended (Journaled)

Pick mac os extended jouraled for a osx install.