First build kinda nervous would love your opinion

SaudA

Budget: 1850USD~

Goal: High-end long term PC for various AAA gaming and possibly streaming. I want a decent experience on high/ultra 1440P 144hz 60fps+

Disclaimer: I've been a console user my whole life. This is my first build after a bit of research. Still a huge noob probably. I want to feel the jump though.

Notes: PCPartPicker tells me my mobo isn't compatible with my CPU. I assume this outdated info? Also I skipped the cooler because the CPU comes with its own? Also I feel like I'm missing something. Do I need to buy something for the actual building process? I have my screwdrivers... anyways, here goes nothing:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($172.39 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: ASRock B450 Steel Legend ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($194.08 @ Amazon)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 Memory  ($83.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Intel 660p Series 1.02 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($124.00 @ B&H)
Video Card: MSI GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8 GB VENTUS XS OC Video Card  ($683.98 @ Newegg)
Case: Fractal Design Focus G ATX Mid Tower Case  ($57.98 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Corsair CXM 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply  ($169.98 @ Amazon)
Monitor: Acer VG270U Pbmiipx 27.0" 2560x1440 144 Hz Monitor  ($364.98 @ Newegg)
Total: $1851.38
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-05-04 10:42 EDT-0400

First off, that motherboard is on a very large hill at the moment. This parts list says it's $194 but I just bought one for $110 last month. Second, what PCP is referring to is that some B450 motherboards might need a bios update before being able to use R3000 series CPUs, but when I bought this board, Asrock had already updated it as a selling point. Asrock is good for that stuff, so no problems there. The only thing I would change is the power supply. That's the same unit I had in my first PC and it's good, but not $1800 budget good. I would try and go for something with at least an 80+ gold rating.

The main problem I see with this list is the pricing. Both the board and power supply are way more expensive than they normally are.

For the actual build, I recommend getting an antistatic wrist strap to make sure you don't fry any of your parts, and get extra thermal compound in case you have to reinstall your cooler at any point

I would grab at least another fan for the back of that case.
Id also up the wattage of the power supply, without using the power calculators id imagine 550 would be pretty close to the minimum of what id want. It also seems pretty pricey.

13 minutes ago, Jack0f5pades said:

For the actual build, I recommend getting an antistatic wrist strap to make sure you don't fry any of your parts, and get extra thermal compound in case you have to reinstall your cooler at any point

please dont do this, its a waste of 12 bucks. Just dont wear heavy wool socks and drag your feet on the carpet

NOTE: I AM NEVER ALWAYS RIGHT, BUT I AM HAPPY TO HELP ANYWAY I CAN

Tag me @WambleCropped or quote me so I can see your reply

My Rig: RTX 2060, R7 1700X, Samsung 860 500GB, Masterlite Liquid Cooler, Asrock Pro B540,16GB of RAM G.Skill 2133

PSU Tier List                    SSD Tier List                              Graphics Tier List

8 minutes ago, Jack0f5pades said:

First off, that motherboard is on a very large hill at the moment. This parts list says it's $194 but I just bought one for $110 last month. Second, what PCP is referring to is that some B450 motherboards might need a bios update before being able to use R3000 series CPUs, but when I bought this board, Asrock had already updated it as a selling point. Asrock is good for that stuff, so no problems there. The only thing I would change is the power supply. That's the same unit I had in my first PC and it's good, but not $1800 budget good. I would try and go for something with at least an 80+ gold rating.

The main problem I see with this list is the pricing. Both the board and power supply are way more expensive than they normally are.

Man all the difference in prices between websites and the fluctuation over time is giving me a headache. But actually the motherboard is around 90USD over on Newegg but for some reason PCP isn't showing that. I'm probably going to get everything form Newegg because they ship to my country with ease. I'll add antistatic risk. Totally forgot about that. Thank you!

1 minute ago, SaudA said:

Man all the difference in prices between websites and the fluctuation over time is giving me a headache. But actually the motherboard is around 90USD over on Newegg but for some reason PCP isn't showing that. I'm probably going to get everything form Newegg because they ship to my country with ease. I'll add antistatic risk. Totally forgot about that. Thank you!

If you edit the list and click the gear next to the price, you can force it to use the price from a specific website. Also, I just wanna warn you that cases ordered on newegg might take a really long time to ship because of the virus

14 minutes ago, rahl97 said:

Id also up the wattage of the power supply, without using the power calculators id imagine 550 would be pretty close to the minimum of what id want. It also seems pretty pricey.

PCP says the estimated wattage is 400. But actually the PSU I'm going to get is 650w with a similar price but for some reason I couldn't find it on PCP. Same brand too

17 minutes ago, rahl97 said:

I would grab at least another fan for the back of that case.

I haven't thought about that... If they are cheap I can throw another one in there. Is there a specific type/brand to look for?

10 minutes ago, YT_DomDaBomb20 said:

cheaper motherboard

The one you listed is almost never available plus it is more expensive in some places. Unless I need glasses.

24 minutes ago, Jack0f5pades said:

Did you just turn into the verge? As Lyle would say you’re not fighting static you’re fighting cancer

Just now, SaudA said:

The one you listed is almost never available plus it is more expensive in some places. Unless I need glasses.

Oh ok but I can always find one near me in stock I think

2 minutes ago, YT_DomDaBomb20 said:

Did you just turn into the verge? As Lyle would say you’re not fighting static you’re fighting cancer

I can run at 3200mhz

In all seriousness, just a suggestion. I have found them easier to work with and I live in an environment that has lead to me frying io ports if I'm not careful. I don't know if where OP lives is prone to static buildup, so in the case that it is, I suggested it. It's not required, just an insurance policy.

7 minutes ago, SaudA said:

PCP says the estimated wattage is 400. But actually the PSU I'm going to get is 650w with a similar price but for some reason I couldn't find it on PCP. Same brand too

I haven't thought about that... If they are cheap I can throw another one in there. Is there a specific type/brand to look for?

Ah you should be okay PSU wise then. 

Im pretty easy on fans myself, but any reputable brand. Noctua, corsair etc see whats on sale and make sure theyre the right size for the case.

Definitely a better first attempt at a build than mine was. 

2 hours ago, rahl97 said:

Definitely a better first attempt at a build than mine was. 

Thank you. Guess I'm good to go then. I'll make the small adjustments/additions based on feedback from this thread and go ahead with it. 

Wish me luck guys.