Amazon trying to SCAM me?

max1212121

So i bought an AOC monitor from amazon (CQ32G1) https://www.amazon.de/AOC-CQ32G1-DisplayPort-2560x1440-Free-Sync/dp/B07NPHZQTP

It was discounted because of a scratch on the back. Today it arrived and it does indeed have the scratch. So far so good.

This is a 1440p 144hz display. Installing the display i couldnt get it to 1440p no matter what i did. I reininstalled the drivers of both the monitor and the graphics card multiple times, tried it on a different PC. Every time it would easily go to 144hz but not 1440p. So i tried both HDMI inputs instead of the DP, no luck. I then tried the VGA, but wait, why does it have a VGA in? The product page says it shouldnt?

The packaging says its a CQ32G1, the sticker at the back of the display says its a CQ32G1, but the ports at the back and it only going to 1080p make me think its a C32G1 https://www.amazon.de/AOC-C32G1-Reaktionszeit-DisplayPort-FreeSync/dp/B07DT7YVSC

Is there any way im wrong about this? Maybe there is a version with a VGA in and im just to stupid to turn 1440p on? If i am right and this is indeed the much cheaper C32G1 how do i even explain that to amazon? Is there a way to find out what model it actually is without opening it up?

2 minutes ago, max1212121 said:

So i bought an AOC monitor from amazon (CQ32G1) https://www.amazon.de/AOC-CQ32G1-DisplayPort-2560x1440-Free-Sync/dp/B07NPHZQTP

It was discounted because of a scratch on the back. Today it arrived and it does indeed have the scratch. So far so good.

This is a 1440p 144hz display. Installing the display i couldnt get it to 1440p no matter what i did. I reininstalled the drivers of both the monitor and the graphics card multiple times, tried it on a different PC. Every time it would easily go to 144hz but not 1440p. So i tried both HDMI inputs instead of the DP, no luck. I then tried the VGA, but wait, why does it have a VGA in? The product page says it shouldnt?

The packaging says its a CQ32G1, the sticker at the back of the display says its a CQ32G1, but the ports at the back and it only going to 1080p make me think its a C32G1 https://www.amazon.de/AOC-C32G1-Reaktionszeit-DisplayPort-FreeSync/dp/B07DT7YVSC

Is there any way im wrong about this? Maybe there is a version with a VGA in and im just to stupid to turn 1440p on? If i am right and this is indeed the much cheaper C32G1 how do i even explain that to amazon? Is there a way to find out what model it actually is without opening it up?

can u return it ? 

tell them about the issue ...

maybe it's more of a seller thing.

Please quote or tag me @Void Master,so i can see your reply.

Everyone was a noob at the beginning, don't be discouraged by toxic trolls even if u lose 15 times in a row. Keep training and pushing yourself further and further, so u can show those sorry lots how it's done !

Be a supportive player, and make sure to reflect a good image of the game community you are a part of. 

Don't kick a player unless they willingly want to ruin your experience.

We are the gamer community, we should take care of each other !

I can return it and im going to. The seller is Amazon itself. Thats why i am baffled how this could even happen.

2 hours ago, max1212121 said:

I can return it and im going to. The seller is Amazon itself. Thats why i am baffled how this could even happen.

Ut happens sometimes... Today I just receive an LG 38gl950g and tomorrow I will returned it because of a hardware overheating issue. 

Good luck next time

3 hours ago, max1212121 said:

Wait, you bought a used monitor from Amazon, right? It could be someone bought a C32G1, got a scratch on the back of it, ordered a CQ32G1, removed the labels from the CQ32G1 and put them on the C32G1 and put it in the box that the CQ32G1 came in , and returned the C32G1 pretending as it's the CQ32G1. Sometimes people scam Amazon that way.

Either that or the manufacturer missed labelled the monitor, got a scratch during shipment and had to be sold as "Used" but since it was labelled as a CQ32G1, it got sold under that page and not as a C32G1.

Second option seems more likely.

MAIN PC:

CPU: Intel® Core™ i9-9900K Processor  Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Wifi  CPU Cooler: Scythe Fuma 2  GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra  RAM: Corsair Vengeance 32GB (4x8GB) 3000Mhz CL15

Case: CoolerMaster TD500 Mesh PSU: Thermaltake GF1 PE 750w Storage: 1TB Western Digital Blue 3D + 1TB Crucial P1 + 1TB ADATA XPG Gammix S11 Pro + 4TB Seagate Barracuda 5400RPM OS: Windows 10 Home

Headphones: Philips SHP9500s   Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 Cherry MX Red  Displays: Gigabyte M27Q (27" 1440p 170hz IPS), Samsung UN32EH4003FXZA (32" 768p 60hz TV)

SECONDARY PC:

CPU: Intel® Core™ i3-9100F Processor  Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4-CB  CPU Cooler: Arctic Alpine 12 CO  GPU: EVGA RTX 3060 XC RAM: ADATA XPG 16GB (2x8GB) 2400Mhz CL16

Case: CyberpowerPC Onyxia  PSU: ATNG ATA-B 800w 80 Plus Bronze  Storage: 500GB Samsung 850 EVO + 2TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD 5400RPM    OS: Windows 10 Home

Former parts that I've used: Acer XG270HU, Asus Dual OC 2080, Gigabyte Aorus Master 3080, Gigabyte Gaming OC 3080, EVGA XC3 Ultra 3080, EVGA FTW3 Ultra 3080 Ti

Wait, you bought a used monitor from Amazon, right? It could be someone bought a C32G1, got a scratch on the back of it, ordered a CQ32G1, removed the labels from the CQ32G1 and put them on the C32G1 and put it in the box that the CQ32G1 came in , and returned the C32G1 pretending as it's the CQ32G1. Sometimes people scam Amazon that way.

Thats what i am thinking. I told Amazon exactly that. Sadly they responded with just "sorry we send the wrong monitor, just send it back for a refund". They will probably try and sell it again until someone just sticks with it because they dont understand the difference between 1080p and 1440p.

This was literally the first and last time ive bought a non-new item on amazon....

you may  have bought from amazon warehouse in which case the person who bought the right monitor and returned the wrong one is the one who scammed amazon.

they wont really thoroughly  inspect any return.