Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

(preset bugs on my end, FIXED) Everything on the pc capped to 60fps after redownloading GTA V

Merkymurk
 Share

I have been using an AOC AC272FCX 27" for a few months now, earlier today I redownloaded GTA V. Upon redownloading the game, my monitor which was 144hz suddenly felt like 60hz.. Checking Nvidia control panel, advance display settings etc it says that the monitor is 144hz but I know for sure that it wasnt. Also this wasnt just a problem with GTA V, everything else like csgo was 60fps althought it said i had 270 fps..

 

I'll be listening to any responses, thanks
 

I just had to switch monitor lighting presets, some weird one capped my framerate. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

The displayed FPS doesnt say what Hz the Monitor is running. Did you checked the Display Settings? Not in the NVidia Panel, in the Monitor itself.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Praesi said:

The displayed FPS doesnt say what Hz the Monitor is running. Did you checked the Display Settings? Not in the NVidia Panel, in the Monitor itself.

display settings? you mean through "advanced display settings" it says its 144hz b668fb32a0f96c502a9fe1c8008f15a0.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Merkymurk said:

display settings? you mean through "advanced display settings" it says its 144hz b668fb32a0f96c502a9fe1c8008f15a0.png

I mean the Monitor Button. To access the Display Settings of the Monitor. Where you can set colour shemes, brightness ect.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Praesi said:

I mean the Monitor Button. To access the Display Settings of the Monitor. Where you can set colour shemes, brightness ect.

sorry i'm not sure which button you are talking about, my windows settings or the button on the monitor itself, please specify7f314e76f2903712f6e996f124ad9e24.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Merkymurk said:

sorry i'm not sure which button you are talking about, my windows settings or the button on the monitor itself, please specify7f314e76f2903712f6e996f124ad9e24.png

On the Monitor itself, there is a Button. Not the Power Button. A Settings Button. Press that Button. Check the Settings.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Praesi said:

On the Monitor itself, there is a Button. Not the Power Button. A Settings Button. Press that Button. Check the Settings.

alright got it, now what do I have to look for?

monitor settings.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Merkymurk said:

alright got it, now what do I have to look for?

monitor settings.jpeg

You are looking for the Hz Setting. I dont have your Monitor. Its behind of one of those Categories. On most 144Hz Displays you mostly can choose between 60Hz and 144Hz. 

 

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Praesi said:

You are looking for the Hz Setting. I dont have your Monitor. Its behind of one of those Categories. On most 144Hz Displays you mostly can choose between 60Hz and 144Hz. 

 

nevermind, i just fixed it by switching some preset... the monitor settings shows that its 144hz but for some reason the weird preset did something to switch it to 60hz, thanks for the responses though!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Merkymurk said:

nevermind, i just fixed it by switching some preset... the monitor settings shows that its 144hz but for some reason the weird preset did something to switch it to 60hz, thanks for the responses though!

Good.

 

https://www.overclock.net/

 

Here you can find many presets ect. for many Displays. The Image Quality of a Monitor can be greatly enhanced in many cases with the correct settings. 

 

PS. Mark Topic as solved so it can disappear ;)

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

*** Thread locked ***

 

Since its fixed.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share


×