Rebuilding my PC (with new parts)

Hey everyone, hope all is well. I  just placed the order to essentially rebuild my entire PC. Right now I'm running a Core i5 4460 @3.2GHz, an old Dell OEM mobo, 8GB of DDR3 RAM @1600MHz, GTX 1060 6GB, 400W Antec PSU, Dell OEM case with horrible airflow, and 1TB of storage (500GB SSD and 500GB HDD). I'm making some major changes and this is my first time really building a PC from scratch so please let me know if there is any issues with compatibility or anything. Pretty much all I'm carrying over is my GPU and my storage. This is the list of parts I'm going to be getting:  

motherboard succks and the PSU is omplete garbage,  an X470 gaming plus max would be a better choice for the board.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

X570 is expensive and the only real benefit you would get is PCIe 4.0, and unless you're using PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSDs you won't be able to take advantage of it. Grab a B450 board instead, maybe something like the MSI Tomahawk Max. Did you need built in wifi on the motherboard? Often cheaper to get a motherboard without wifi and add your own wifi card, or better yet use ethernet if that is an option.
The EVGA N1 is a pretty bad power supply. Pick pretty much anything except that.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

1 minute ago, Herman Mcpootis said:

motherboard succks and the PSU is omplete garbage,  an X470 gaming plus max would be a better choice for the board.

Why does the mobo suck? All reviews I saw of it were just fine. And yeah the PSU could be better but its still from EVGA and not some random company

Just now, RGBisKey said:

Why does the mobo suck? All reviews I saw of it were just fine. 

very poor VRM thermals, anything past a 3700x will throttle on that board.

1 minute ago, RGBisKey said:

And yeah the PSU could be better but its still from EVGA and not some random company

it's outright not allowed to be sold in the EU 9_9

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

3 minutes ago, Spotty said:

X570 is expensive and the only real benefit you would get is PCIe 4.0, and unless you're using PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSDs you won't be able to take advantage of it. Grab a B450 board instead, maybe something like the MSI Tomahawk Max. Did you need built in wifi on the motherboard? Often cheaper to get a motherboard without wifi and add your own wifi card, or better yet use ethernet if that is an option.
The EVGA N1 is a pretty bad power supply. Pick pretty much anything except that.

the tomahawk isn't in stock in best buy, and B&H will take at least a week or two for stock. and the X470 gaming plus max also just ran out 9_9

5 minutes ago, Spotty said:

Sadly I do need a board with wifi. I'll do some more research into B450 boards. Is the PSU that bad? Is it dangerous?

9 minutes ago, Herman Mcpootis said:

very poor VRM thermals, anything past a 3700x will throttle on that board.

it's outright not allowed to be sold in the EU 9_9

Is the PSU actually dangerous to use? I can't seem to find much bad about it besides the occasional DOA review. I understand that I get what I pay for, as long as it won't fry anything.

Just now, Herman Mcpootis said:

the tomahawk isn't in stock in best buy, and B&H will take at least a week or two for stock. and the X470 gaming plus max also just ran out 9_9

Ah, I didn't realise it was out of stock. I did actually check if PCPP showed it being in stock which it said it was in stock, but apparently not. Unfortunately given the current situation it's going to be like that for a lot of things at the moment. The Tomahawk Max was just to demonstrate the almost $100 savings that could be had by swapping out the X570 board for a B450 board. Doesn't necessarily have to be the Tomahawk Max, but any mid range B450 motherboard should be fine for the Ryzen 5 3600. Just make sure it's "Ryzen 3000 Ready" with the BIOS update to support the 3000 series Ryzen processors, though by now most boards should have been updated to support it but just something to look out for when buying.

1 minute ago, RGBisKey said:

Sadly I do need a board with wifi. I'll do some more research into B450 boards. Is the PSU that bad? Is it dangerous?

It really is that bad. EVGA should not be selling it. It has a pathetically low operating temperature rating of 25°C (77F) and fails to meet the lowest requirements to receive 80+ efficiency certification. It's just junk.

If you want an EVGA PSU then grab something else. BQ or B3 would be fine, or if you want something cheaper maybe the BR. If you don't mind spending a little extra than pretty much any of the 80+ Gold PSUs would be fine. EVGA G3 550W would be good but even the GD, GQ, G5 or GA would be fine for your system. Though if you're spending around $100 I'd look at stuff like the Corsair TXM/RM/RMx, Seasonic Focus Plus GX, etc...

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

1 minute ago, Spotty said:

Ah, I didn't realise it was out of stock. I did actually check if PCPP showed it being in stock which it said it was in stock, but apparently not. Unfortunately given the current situation it's going to be like that for a lot of things at the moment. The Tomahawk Max was just to demonstrate the almost $100 savings that could be had by swapping out the X570 board for a B450 board. Doesn't necessarily have to be the Tomahawk Max, but any mid range B450 motherboard should be fine for the Ryzen 5 3600. Just make sure it's "Ryzen 3000 Ready" with the BIOS update to support the 3000 series Ryzen processors, though by now most boards should have been updated to support it but just something to look out for when buying.

It really is that bad. EVGA should not be selling it. It has a pathetically low operating temperature rating of 25°C (77F) and fails to meet the lowest requirements to receive 80+ efficiency certification. It's just junk.

If you want an EVGA PSU then grab something else. BQ or B3 would be fine, or if you want something cheaper maybe the BR. If you don't mind spending a little extra than pretty much any of the 80+ Gold PSUs would be fine. EVGA G3 550W would be good but even the GD, GQ, G5 or GA would be fine for your system. Though if you're spending around $100 I'd look at stuff like the Corsair TXM/RM/RMx, Seasonic Focus Plus GX, etc...

Would it be dangerous to use? My main concern is it frying another component. I probably will never push it too hard but there are times when I have gaming sessions of a few hours

3 minutes ago, Spotty said:

pcpp seems to be screwing up again with best buy's stock status, so i'd avoid best buy for the time being.