PC Freezes after some time?

hawayman

Hello!

Having hard time figure out what's the issue with my pc!

Issue is, it freezes randomly after some time, sometime it freezes after 1,5h, sometime after 15 min. It started when i plugged in headset!

PC Spec:

MB: Gigabyte Z390 UD

Ram: 2x Corsair Vengeance 8GB LPX DDR4 3000MHZ

CPU: Intel Core i5-9600K

GPU: Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super

PSU: Corsair RM750X Gold +

Drive: Samsung 970 EVO Plus 250GB, M.2

What i have done so far...

- Fresh Windows Install

- Bios reflash and apply default settings beafore and after flash

- removed GPU

- removed temporarily all usb devices, also from mb, audio, usb

- cleaned from dust, replaced cpu termopasta

- checked and reconnected all connectors and cables

- run live usb (ubuntu live usb) for idle, freezes same way like windows

- cmos reset

- swapped ram different slots, tried only with one ram, both separately with different slots

Did all those things, and i'm out of ideas, before it worked perfectly, i'm quite desperate here :(

Hope anyone can help me here!

Thank you!

7 minutes ago, hawayman said:

Hello!

-snip-

Thank you!

what motherboard do you have?

you said it started when you plugged in your headset? do you always plug it in the same USB port? or do you plug it into a 3.5mm port? 

I think you probably have a grounding issue on your motherboard. 

find the port, then stop using it or get a rubber plug for it. 

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

45 minutes ago, VioDuskar said:

what motherboard do you have?

PC Spec:

MB: Gigabyte Z390 UD

you said it started when you plugged in your headset? do you always plug it in the same USB port? or do you plug it into a 3.5mm port? 

Plugged same port front panel (speakers in), like i said, i tried without connecting front panel audio/usb to mb, still freezes, i plugged 3.5mm port (port what include all mic, left/right channel audio)

I think you probably have a grounding issue on your motherboard. 

find the port, then stop using it or get a rubber plug for it. 

Than is should have at first moment issue,  right after when i turn power in?

ground issues don't always happen the moment you turn it on. sometimes it's when you plug the port, sometimes it's a computer freeze, other times a full black shutdown. 

your issue may be with a USB port on the back IO from the motherboard itself. 

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

I removed mb from case and made a mb box stand, so it wont touch case, so fair seems to be okay, no crash or freezes after 2,5h, hope this was the issue and now i know!