RTX 2060 Driver Issues, very weird unusable display. Any help would be really appreciated! As I have assignment due soon.

Captainzomb1e

Hey, so my new RTX 2060 isn't displaying properly and I'm stumped. It's showing two low-res desktops on top of each other - they're mirrored - and it's refusing to accept my monitor's resolution (2K)

The display settings are showing one monitor not mirrored in any way - which it should be but it's still displaying multiple desktops mirrored at low-res with a black bar on the side. (Oddly VR works fine).

There's also a couple of glitchy vertical lines, they look like they're moving upwards - see the picture to get an idea of what's going on if it's any help.

Any support would be really appreciated, I'm absolutely stumped and have an assignment due soon - thank you for taking the time to read!

20200503_123741.jpg

39 minutes ago, Captainzomb1e said:

Hey, so my new RTX 2060 isn't displaying properly and I'm stumped. It's showing two low-res desktops on top of each other - they're mirrored - and it's refusing to accept my monitor's resolution (2K)

The display settings are showing one monitor not mirrored in any way - which it should be but it's still displaying multiple desktops mirrored at low-res with a black bar on the side. (Oddly VR works fine).

There's also a couple of glitchy vertical lines, they look like they're moving upwards - see the picture to get an idea of what's going on if it's any help.

I'm confused, is that a 4:3 monitor? if so, are you using VGA/DVI-I? then you might be using an active adapter as NVIDIA doesn't support analog outputs anymore, since you say VR works fine then it's either the port or the monitor's issue or even the cable.

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

14 minutes ago, Syn. said:

I'm confused, is that a 4:3 monitor? if so, are you using VGA/DVI-I? then you might be using an active adapter as NVIDIA doesn't support analog outputs anymore, since you say VR works fine then it's either the port or the monitor's issue or even the cable.

Thank you for replying. Yeah, it's an old 4:3 Apple monitor using DVI-D but I'm not using any adapters, if that's what you meant? The monitor was working fine before the GPU swap, which makes me think either the port is damaged or some weird driver/compatibility issue?

8 minutes ago, Captainzomb1e said:

Thank you for replying. Yeah, it's an old 4:3 Apple monitor using DVI-D but I'm not using any adapters, if that's what you meant? The monitor was working fine before the GPU swap, which makes me think either the port is damaged or some weird driver/compatibility issue?

Hmm I'm not sure what's going on here then, can you test the monitor on another PC or device using the same cable? I don't even know Apple sold 4:3 LCD monitors so it must be old as a fart, so there might be incompatibility issues or just the hardware coincidentally malfunctioned (including the cable if it's non-removable)

3 hours ago, Syn. said:

Hmm I'm not sure what's going on here then, can you test the monitor on another PC or device using the same cable? I don't even know Apple sold 4:3 LCD monitors so it must be old as a fart, so there might be incompatibility issues or just the hardware coincidentally malfunctioned (including the cable if it's non-removable)

I tested the monitor and it was all good, it is ancient though. I think I've found the issue, DVI port was DOA - a friend dropped off a HDMI screen (distanced, sanitised etc.) and that displayed okay. I've also tried DDU, updating drivers for everything etc. so I imagine that's it? Thanks again for replying and helping me out!

18 minutes ago, Captainzomb1e said:

I tested the monitor and it was all good, it is ancient though. I think I've found the issue, DVI port was DOA - a friend dropped off a HDMI screen (distanced, sanitised etc.) and that displayed okay. I've also tried DDU, updating drivers for everything etc. so I imagine that's it? Thanks again for replying and helping me out!

Seems like it if the card is fully stable, though it's unfortunate that the port is presumably dead I would advise to return the card if it's still in the return window, things like these are unacceptable, even if you're not sure if it's some form of miscommunication with the old monitor, it's better now than later, you are welcome though :)