Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Looking for a RGB Build! AMD 3700x

Budget (including currency): $3000 Canadian

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Call of Duty, Battlefield, League of Legends, Photoshop, Media Centre

Hello everyone!

I'm looking for some suggestions regarding a semi over the top RGB build. It will be my last build as I will begin to really settle into starting a family and being a responsible spender, but I would like to have the ability to keep in relevent in the following years.

The things I would like are the following:

-Lian Li Dynamic or the XL varient

-RGB components that won't compromise the build

-AMD 3700x (value)

-Asrock Taichi (open to other options)

-2070 super of some kind (I really want to want a 5700xt, but I am hearing lots of noise regarding it)

The main thing I care about is price to performance. The titles I will be hitting the most are COD Modern Warfare, League of legends, Battlefield, and my other half mandates that I get Beat Saber. She tends to do some minor Photoshop, and I would like this to potentially become my media centre. I have a 5.1 system that I would love to integrate if the build allows. Everything else in the build is flexible so long as it sticks to the theme. 

Thanks for taking the time read and respond! I will answer any questions if there are any!

Also, anybody have feedback regarding Corsairs 120mm RGB vs Lian Li Bora?

For a build matching your description:

For a build I would suggest myself for that budget:

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: G.Storm GS850                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

Wow! Thanks for pitching in! Now I have a whole bunch of things to research! Some of these builds are actually above and beyond what I was expecting. 

I did notice there wasnt many opinions regarding case fans. Is there any that come to mind? I always hear of the LL120's and some say QL120, anybody got 2cents?

Price/Performance and RGB don't really belong in the same sentence. You are always going to pay a premium for that.

This isn't the best value for money, but it is under $3000 (Assuming taxes are included on pcpartpicker).

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($428.50 @ Vuugo) 
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML360R RGB 66.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($226.50 @ Vuugo) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 AORUS ELITE WIFI ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($309.99 @ Newegg Canada) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($226.99 @ Newegg Canada) 
Storage: Western Digital Blue SN550 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($159.99 @ Canada Computers) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($69.99 @ Memory Express) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8 GB AORUS Video Card  ($1099.00 @ Canada Computers) 
Case: Cooler Master MasterCase H500M ATX Mid Tower Case  ($259.99 @ Amazon Canada) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMx (2018) 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($159.99 @ Amazon Canada) 
Total: $2940.94
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-05-03 18:15 EDT-0400

Winter is Coming.

Shame you can't get the Sabrent Rocket in CA (apparently) as it is PCIe Gen 4 and in the comparison that I saw it performed extremely well against the competition.

5 minutes ago, Dravinian said:

Shame you can't get the Sabrent Rocket in CA (apparently) as it is PCIe Gen 4 and in the comparison that I saw it performed extremely well against the competition.

It won't make things load any faster though i.e Games or the OS, and probably not needed for Photoshop either. 

It is listed on pcpartpicker CA, but costs more than the MP600.

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/product/fVYQzy/sabrent-rocket-40-1-tb-m2-2280-solid-state-drive-sb-rocket-nvme4-1tb

Winter is Coming.

I m noticing RGB seems to cost a pretty penny. Especially Corsair. That Corsair tax is unbelievable, but so is their light show. I m slowly starting to chew at other things to try to make room. 

Question tho, is it worth waiting till something like Black Friday to try to squeeze as much savings as I can? I do understand how far away that may be, but it seems all the smaller things are piling up. (Case fans, controller, etc)

If I dont think I will need so much memory (such as 2TB HD) could I just get a decent SSD and call it a day?

39 minutes ago, lee32uk said:

It won't make things load any faster though i.e Games or the OS, and probably not needed for Photoshop either. 

It is listed on pcpartpicker CA, but costs more than the MP600.

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/product/fVYQzy/sabrent-rocket-40-1-tb-m2-2280-solid-state-drive-sb-rocket-nvme4-1tb

That is odd, the Sabrent is about £40 cheaper in the uk

18 minutes ago, Endoftime said:

I m noticing RGB seems to cost a pretty penny. Especially Corsair. That Corsair tax is unbelievable, but so is their light show. I m slowly starting to chew at other things to try to make room. 

Question tho, is it worth waiting till something like Black Friday to try to squeeze as much savings as I can? I do understand how far away that may be, but it seems all the smaller things are piling up. (Case fans, controller, etc)

If I dont think I will need so much memory (such as 2TB HD) could I just get a decent SSD and call it a day?

Corsair is on the more expensive side. You can get better value with other brands.

If you wait until Black Friday then new stuff will be out by then. So B550 boards which are due in June and probably new gpu's from Nvidia and AMD. The Ryzen 4000 is also supposedly due in Q4.

You can drop the Ram (Memory down to 16GB) and lose the 2TB Hard drive if you want.

Winter is Coming.

6 minutes ago, Dravinian said:

That is odd, the Sabrent is about £40 cheaper in the uk

Yeah it is £159.99 in the UK for the 1TB version, which is great value for a pcie 4.0 SSD considering the pcie 3.0 Sabrent is only £30 cheaper.

Winter is Coming.

1 minute ago, lee32uk said:

Yeah it is £159.99 in the UK for the 1TB version, which is great value for a pcie 4.0 SSD considering the pcie 3.0 Sabrent is only £30 cheaper.

I just bought one had no idea the pricing was so broken elsewhere.

Just now, Dravinian said:

I just bought one had no idea the pricing was so broken elsewhere.

Yeah pricing is fubared at the minute. Probably half to do with covid, and half to do with greedy retailers 😬

Winter is Coming.

20 minutes ago, lee32uk said:

Corsair is on the more expensive side. You can get better value with other brands.

If you wait until Black Friday then new stuff will be out by then. So B550 boards which are due in June and probably new gpu's from Nvidia and AMD. The Ryzen 4000 is also supposedly due in Q4.

You can drop the Ram (Memory down to 16GB) and lose the 2TB Hard drive if you want.

This actually sounds fairly promising. I m not one to chase the absolute latest and greatest, I just chase bang for buck while trying to stay 90% on target of what I had in mind. If pc components are anything like hockey gear, when the next years stuff comes out and previous gear gets marked down by anywhere from 20 or more, I would be more than happy to wait. 

Except maybe the case. Everyone seems to want Lian Li Dynamic. 

7 hours ago, YT_DomDaBomb20 said:

3800x is an overclocked 3700x

Your choice have a worse Graphics card however. The 3800X and 3900X has similiar overclocks, that said...

3 hours ago, Endoftime said:

This actually sounds fairly promising. I m not one to chase the absolute latest and greatest, I just chase bang for buck while trying to stay 90% on target of what I had in mind. If pc components are anything like hockey gear, when the next years stuff comes out and previous gear gets marked down by anywhere from 20 or more, I would be more than happy to wait. 

Except maybe the case. Everyone seems to want Lian Li Dynamic. 

Well I could pick a cheaper case if you prefer: The PCIe 4.0 SSD could be changed to a PCIe 3.0 if you want more storage space and less performance.

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: G.Storm GS850                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

6 hours ago, williamcll said:

Your choice have a worse Graphics card however. The 3800X and 3900X has similiar overclocks, that said...

Well I could pick a cheaper case if you prefer: The PCIe 4.0 SSD could be changed to a PCIe 3.0 if you want more storage space and less performance.

He doesn't need a 3900X or a Gen 4 SSD. That case looks terrible.

Winter is Coming.

7 minutes ago, lee32uk said:

He doesn't need a 3900X or a Gen 4 SSD. That case looks terrible.

I mean it fits the budget. 

40 minutes ago, williamcll said:

I mean it fits the budget. 

That doesn't mean you should buy it. You are sacrificing other areas just to cram in a 3900X and Gen 4 SSD, neither of which is useful for gaming, and Photoshop doesn't really need a 12 core cpu either. The airflow on that case looks non existent.

Winter is Coming.

8 hours ago, lee32uk said:

That doesn't mean you should buy it. You are sacrificing other areas just to cram in a 3900X and Gen 4 SSD, neither of which is useful for gaming, and Photoshop doesn't really need a 12 core cpu either. The airflow on that case looks non existent.

I m about 90% certain of my case choice. It simply wont make sense to aquire such a high end CPU and GPU given my usage.