Confused between Ryzen 2700x and 3600x. Please Help!

Hi,

I'm new to PC building so please go easy on me.

I am trying to build a gaming and streaming PC with a budget around 1000 Euros. After a week of research and watching YouTube videos, I chose the following products but found myself confused with which CPU to choose from Ryzen 2700x or Ryzen 3600x. I heard 2700x is good for programming and tasks other than gaming, whereas 3600x is better for gaming but found no information on how it will perform while gaming and streaming simultaneously. 

Parts selected so far:

WD NVME 500GB

Seagate Barracuda 2TB

MSI B450 Tomahawk Max

Red Devil RX 5700XT

16GB Trident 3600mhz Ram

EVGA BR 700W PSU

Phanteks P400A digital

Please advise which CPU will suit my build and needs better.

Thanks in advance :)

The EVGA BR models are shit. Get a Corsair TXM or Be Quiet Pure Power Gold.

As for the CPU, for gaming, the 3600 non X. For productivity, the 3700X.

Also, look at prices of the Asus X570 Prime P and ASRock X570 Phantom Gaming. Both cost the same as your selected board but are MUCH better

The 3600X also has better overclocking compared to the 2700X, so you can squeeze more processing power compared to the former.

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

8 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

The EVGA BR models are shit. Get a Corsair TXM or Be Quiet Pure Power Gold.

As for the CPU, for gaming, the 3600 non X. For productivity, the 3700X.

Also, look at prices of the Asus X570 Prime P and ASRock X570 Phantom Gaming. Both cost the same as your selected board but are MUCH better

Thanks for your response!

3700x would be 120 Euros off my budget whereas 2700x and 3600x are similarly priced and in my budget. Hence my question, which one is particularly better for gaming and streaming at the same?

P.S, Thanks a ton for pointing out the Mobo and PSU alternatives. :)

7 minutes ago, SherryKhurana said:

Thanks for your response!

3700x would be 120 Euros off my budget whereas 2700x and 3600x are similarly priced and in my budget. Hence my question, which one is particularly better for gaming and streaming at the same?

P.S, Thanks a ton for pointing out the Mobo and PSU alternatives. :)

The 3600 non-X - it's the same internally as the 3600X but cheaper. Enable PBO and they're the same in terms of clocks too. Use the saved money for a decent cooler like a Dark Rock Slim and you'll have maximum performance and silence.