Are 7.1 surround Gaming headset worth it in 2020?

HYPER BEAST

Are 7.1 surround Gaming headset worth it in 2020?

I don't know what to choice

Logitech G Pro x

Sennheiser GSB 600 (not surround)

Steelseres Arctics PRO (wired) 

I just went from a Razer Chroma to the Steelseries Arctis 7 and it sounds awesome! the razer headset is a POS in comparison, But I am used to running Sony WH-1000XM3 so I am pretty picky about good quality can's 

I actualy wanted the logitech, but it was out of stock on amazon.. damn pandemic! 

ICT professional, Addicted to PC

well, as a user of a surround sound headset, it depends. if you appreciate the feeling of that slightly adjusted sounds to make directions more decernable, then yes. if you can turn on and off the feature, even better as it sometimes distort music/videos. but otherwise, if mainly used for gaming, then yes. (Plantronics Rig 500 HD user here. though its not a true 7.1 surround but rather through the usb thing it is attached to)

Im with the mentaility of "IF IM NOT SURE IF ITS ENOUGH COOLING, GO OVERKILL"

CURRENT PC SPECS    

CPU             Ryzen 5 3600 (Formerly Ryzen 3 1200)

GPU             : ASUS RX 580 Dual OC (Formerly ASUS GTX 1060 but it got corroded for some odd reasons)

GPU COOOER      : ID Cooling Frostflow 120 VGA (Stock cooler overheats even when undervolted :()

MOBO            : MSI B350m Bazooka

MEMORY          Team Group Elite TUF DDR4 3600 Mhz CL 16
STORAGE         : Seagate Baracudda 1TB and Kingston SSD
PSU             : Thermaltake Lite power 550W (Gonna change soon as i dont trust this)
CASE            : Rakk Anyag Frost
CPU COOLER      : ID-Cooling SE 207
CASE FANS       : Mix of ID cooling fans, Corsair fans and Rakk Ounos (planned change to ID Cooling)
DISPLAY         : SpectrePro XTNS24 144hz Curved VA panel
MOUSE           : Logitech G603 Lightspeed
KEYBOARD        : Rakk Lam Ang

HEADSET         : Plantronics RIG 500HD

Kingston Hyper X Stinger

and a whole lot of LED everywhere(behind the monitor, behind the desk, behind the shelf of the PC mount and inside the case)

@MartinKweh i have the logitech G430 for 4 years.

I use glasses and they are comfortable for big ears and poeple with glasses, but now thy just died, do you have any recommendation for gaming headset 7.1 surround and comfortable  for big ears (BTW my ears are about 6.5cm -7.2cm)

In all honesty it depends on what games you intend to play. For the majority of MMORPGs you will probably find a standard stereo headset works fine. However, if you want to play FPSs then having a 7.1 headset will give you a significant advantage as it will allow you to hear what direction enemy footsteps and gunfire are coming from. 

I’d just pick a good pair of headphones that gives the best sound quality. You can buy external mixers fairly cheap that will give you 7.1.   I had a pair of astros that were pretty good but in reality it wasn’t great. It has a mixer for the headphones that allows you to plug in any headset and get the sound 7.1 or any of their mixes through the better sound quality headphone. I use a pair of Sony wireless (can be wired) m1000 I think. It’s one of the best headphones and also has the best sound cancelation even over Bose. 
no mic though but I’d go external mic if using headphones often. Again better quality that way.