Home garden WiFi advice

Hello,

I am looking to install wifi in to my garden, but I am not sure what to use. I would like something that can work in conjunction with an AP inside my house as well. I was looking at Ubiquiti airMAX stuff before I saw they only work between themselves and won't connect to my phone.
I am now looking at maybe a Ubiquiti UniFi AC Outdoor Mesh and a Ubiquiti Networks UAP-AC-LITE. Alternatively, I was looking at a TP-Link EAP225-Outdoor Omada and a TP-Link EAP225 Omada. They both add up to £150 ish.
Some added info; I have a long thin garden so a directional AP would be good, but I'm not sure what would be good.
I want this to be as cheap as possible, but be reliable.

TL;DL Help with good value house and garden WiFi
Thanks

How far does the Wifi already reach into your garden? use something like https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.farproc.wifi.analyzer&hl=en_GB

to see, as it might simply be a case of updating the channel you are using now.

Ubiquiti sounds a bit overkill for this. as all you really need to do is add either Repeater or Antenna to the outside of your house. but that all depends if you have a a router that has external antena that you can unscrew? 

essentially the other point that needs to be made, Wifi works much better outdoors than it does indoor, so an access point like this 
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Wireless-Waterproof-Installation-Controller-EAP110-Outdoor/dp/B01N4EGN6H
will more than likely completely flood your garden if you put it up high enough on the outside of the house, does need cabeling and if poss POE, 
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Wireless-Waterproof-Installation-Controller-EAP110-Outdoor/dp/B01N4EGN6H

so essentially you run a network cable to the wall facing the garden, plug it into that POE switch, then run a cable from that POE switch too the AP, so about £80 for your hardware + cable, if you can terminate CAT 5 Then Cool just get some indoor cable for the Router to Switch part, and some outdoor for the Switch to AP part. 

CAT5 isnt actually that hard to terminate if you have the correct tools 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Crimping-Stripper-Connection-Connectors-Ethernet/dp/B06WW4SQB9

this is probably the clearest diagram, you cable both ends the same .. A-A or B-B I normally use 568-B for all my patch cables 
How to Make a Category 5 / Cat 5E Patch Cable

ICT professional, Addicted to PC

What kind of distances are we talking here? AirMax devices are more for connecting two buildings together so not quite what you are looking for. 

You would be better served with a Ubiquiti NanoStation  which you can get for about the same price. Easy to configure and generally provides about 200 - 300Ft of solid connectivity on both the 2.4 and 5Ghz frequencies. And is outdoor weather sealed. 

3 minutes ago, FitnessOgre said:

What kind of distances are we talking here?

35 minutes ago, Technane said:

How far does the Wifi already reach into your garden?

The garden is about 50m long.

4 minutes ago, FitnessOgre said:

Ubiquiti NanoStation

I thought these could not be connected to by your phone.

Also 5GHz would be good because of phones taking a while to frequency sometime.

Its an Access Point, plug it into your network, configure the security and it will broadcast sweet sweet wifi for your phone, laptop, xbox, whatever you want to connect to it.

5 minutes ago, Overlandr said:

The garden is about 50m long.

I thought these could not be connected to by your phone.

Also 5GHz would be good because of phones taking a while to frequency sometime.

no how far does your WIFI already reach? like if it already makes it halfway you could prob just put ya router in your upper floor window and be done with it. 

ICT professional, Addicted to PC

7 hours ago, Technane said:

no how far does your WIFI already reach? like if it already makes it halfway you could prob just put ya router in your upper floor window and be done with it. 

The WiFi barely reaches outside the back door in to the garden so cant really do that unfortunately

1 hour ago, Overlandr said:

The WiFi barely reaches outside the back door in to the garden so cant really do that unfortunately

Can you run ethernet to the wall facing the garden?

What speed package are you paying for from your ISP?

It should be possible to run an ethernet cable to the garden wall. We have 60MB/s DL which is enough

I think I might go ubiquiti and Ubiquiti NanoStation or something similar so I can use another ubiquiti AP in my house because I hear they have good transitions between APs?

I think I might also run some PoE ethernet for a CCTV system so I might have it pre run, but equally if I use a managed switch and have them on a seperate vLAN that wont work I dont think.

5 hours ago, Overlandr said:

It should be possible to run an ethernet cable to the garden wall. We have 60MB/s DL which is enough

I think I might go ubiquiti and Ubiquiti NanoStation or something similar so I can use another ubiquiti AP in my house because I hear they have good transitions between APs?

I think I might also run some PoE ethernet for a CCTV system so I might have it pre run, but equally if I use a managed switch and have them on a seperate vLAN that wont work I dont think.

Run gigabit ethernet to the wall facing the garden (doesn’t need to be PoE; you can always use the PoE injector plugged into a socket), terminate with a Ubiquiti AC-M but swap out the antennae for the Ubiquiti UMA-D directional dual-band antenna. Point it down your garden, configure in the UniFi Controller and enjoy your  WiFi!