How to lay out case fan wires.

Gurky

Morning, 

I've just some new fans and a PWM controller from amazon, my fans were old that's all and wanted some new ones. The fans and PWM controller:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07JD22QF5/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07GJGF56L/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Now do run the 4 pin in to the 3 pin of the fans and daisy chain them? If so is it easier to run straight to the MOBO with one 4 pin rather than the controller or should I run each fan to the controller individually? 

Gurky

Ow okay then....

What is 4 pin and what is 3 pin?

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

That's not a PWM controller. That's a PWM hub. It just splits a single PWM into 4 identical outputs.

If you're interested in a product please download and read the manual first.

Don't forget to tag or quote in your reply if you want me to know you've answered or have another question.

1 hour ago, Bombastinator said:

What is 4 pin and what is 3 pin?

Sorry the fan has a 4 pin that normally used for MOBO and a 3 pin which looks like its used for daisy chain.

Ow okay then....

25 minutes ago, keskparane said:

That's not a PWM controller. That's a PWM hub. It just splits a single PWM into 4 identical outputs.

Ah that's cool there all front fans so I could just out the 3 fans to the hub and then in to the MOBO?

Ow okay then....

3 hours ago, Gurky said:

Ah that's cool there all front fans so I could just out the 3 fans to the hub and then in to the MOBO?

Yes. Remember that since that hub doesn't have extra power connector, you are limited by motherboards header. Though in this case fans are 0.08A and header is 1A.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv