Brand new build, graphics card gives no video output after I install the drivers

Topy

TL;DR : Brand new build, new and functional graphics card shows no video output after installing the drivers, when it should turn into FHD resolution. Tried a lot of options, 3 windows clean install and found nothing on the internet.

I recently built a new PC (full config at the end of the post). I made sure every component is compatible. I bought a GTX 1660 with a CPU which has no integrated graphics, the video card is indeed the only way I can view something.

I already had problems with this GTX 1660 not showing input but it was really random (sometimes it would post, sometimes not).

I assumed the card was faulty and returned it. Three months later I was told I'll get a refund so I bought a brand new card somewhere else : a GTX 1660 Ti.

This time, I do have a video output but only when drivers are disabled. As soon as I install the drivers, the screen goes no signal. I can go into Bios, I can go into Windows in safe mode. I check the device manager and the card is indeed found by the system.

What I have tried :

•     Reseting the Bios
  •     Updating the Bios
  •     Uninstall drivers and reinstall them
  •     3 fresh clean install of Windows
  •     Reseating the card and RAM couple times
  •     Changed the PSU cable
  •     Changed the video cable (HDMI/DP)

What I can't do :

•     Plug my card on another PCI-E slot (I only have one)
  •     Anything that would require more supplies

It could be a PSU problem (tho it has enough power), a motherboard problem (which I can't test now because of quarantine) or something else I'm not aware of.

I've looked everywhere on the internet, tried everything and I'm quite desperate and I will need this computer to work (and play games, yes).

The config :

CPU : Ryzen 5 2600

GPU : AVGA GTX 1660 Ti 6Gb

Mobo : MSI B450 M Gaming Plus

RAM : 2x8 Gb AEGIS G.Skill

PSU : Corsair VS 550

your text is black, my theme is dark

Spoiler

TL;DR : Brand new build, new and functional graphics card shows no video output after installing the drivers, when it should turn into FHD resolution. Tried a lot of options, 3 windows clean install and found nothing on the internet.

I recently built a new PC (full config at the end of the post). I made sure every component is compatible. I bought a GTX 1660 with a CPU which has no integrated graphics, the video card is indeed the only way I can view something.

I already had problems with this GTX 1660 not showing input but it was really random (sometimes it would post, sometimes not).

I assumed the card was faulty and returned it. Three months later I was told I'll get a refund so I bought a brand new card somewhere else : a GTX 1660 Ti.

This time, I do have a video output but only when drivers are disabled. As soon as I install the drivers, the screen goes no signal. I can go into Bios, I can go into Windows in safe mode. I check the device manager and the card is indeed found by the system.

What I have tried :

• Reseting the Bios

• Updating the Bios

• Uninstall drivers and reinstall them

• 3 fresh clean install of Windows

• Reseating the card and RAM couple times

• Changed the PSU cable

• Changed the video cable (HDMI/DP)

What I can't do :

• Plug my card on another PCI-E slot (I only have one)

• Anything that would require more supplies

It could be a PSU problem (tho it has enough power), a motherboard problem (which I can't test now because of quarantine) or something else I'm not aware of.

I've looked everywhere on the internet, tried everything and I'm quite desperate and I will need this computer to work (and play games, yes).

The config :

• CPU : Ryzen 5 2600

• GPU : AVGA GTX 1660 Ti 6Gb

• Mobo : MSI B450 M Gaming Plus

• RAM : 2x8 Gb AEGIS G.Skill

• PSU : Corsair VS 550

Fixed it

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Fixed it too, sorry about that