Should and/or how to set up raid 0

ExXsTacYx

So with my first build ever I have come to a situation on if I should set up raid 0 as idk if my drives are compatible. Like I’ve tried researching but I’m apparently horrible and impatient plus I trust LTT forums. I have Samsung m.2 nvme 970 evo plus 500gb, currently as boot drive, I have my old Xbox one x 1tb hard drive for storage and another 250gb ssd just kinda sitting there...inland 250gb ssd. 16gb of ram and I was also wondering if I should keep my labtop or just run a 2nd monitor from my desktop. My labtop has a wd blue 250gb ssd and some crappy 250gb hdd 8gb ram. I use labtop for YouTube to avoid the chance of any performance lag while gaming. I have tried a 2nd monitor yet on the desktop 

image.jpg

Should you setup raid 0 no. But if you wan't to here you go http://www.zfsbuild.com/2010/06/03/howto-create-zfs-striped-vdev-pool/

Quote me for a reply, React if I was helpful, informative, or funny

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

2 minutes ago, Gundar said:

Should you setup raid 0 no. But if you wan't to here you go http://www.zfsbuild.com/2010/06/03/howto-create-zfs-striped-vdev-pool/

Would I even have a performance boost with my set up? I really only play war zone and fortnite with a controller. I would love to stream but I haven’t tried with current set up due to not knowing if it could handle it. 
CPU-Ryzen 5 1600af

GPU-MSI GeForce GTX 1060 6gb armor ocv1

RAM-G-Skill TridentZ 16gb 3200

Motherboard-gigabyte b450 aorus m

storage-500gb evo 970 plus, 250gb inland ssd, 1tb hdd, I think it’s 7200rpm

27 minutes ago, ExXsTacYx said:

Would I even have a performance boost with my set up? I really only play war zone and fortnite with a controller. I would love to stream but I haven’t tried with current set up due to not knowing if it could handle it. 
CPU-Ryzen 5 1600af

GPU-MSI GeForce GTX 1060 6gb armor ocv1

RAM-G-Skill TridentZ 16gb 3200

Motherboard-gigabyte b450 aorus m

storage-500gb evo 970 plus, 250gb inland ssd, 1tb hdd, I think it’s 7200rpm

RAID 0 will do nothing meaningful for your boot drive as NVMe is plenty fast already. It would theoretically improve the performance of your storage drive but would require you to purchase a second drive of the same capacity (and maybe write speed, but I know minimal info about RAID technicalities).

It would be more practical to just buy a new high capacity SSD and move your storage over to that if you want to speed up access to the data on that drive.

43 minutes ago, ExXsTacYx said:

I was also wondering if I should keep my labtop or just run a 2nd monitor from my desktop. My labtop has a wd blue 250gb ssd and some crappy 250gb hdd 8gb ram. I use labtop for YouTube to avoid the chance of any performance lag while gaming. I have tried a 2nd monitor yet on the desktop

YouTube takes minimal CPU and GPU resources and your hardware should be able to handle gaming while watching a video without issue. But since you already have the laptop you can just as easily use it instead if you like.

Be sure to QUOTE or TAG me in your reply so I see it!

CPU Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra MOBO Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming RAM Crucial Ballistix 3600 MHz CL16 32 GB PSU Corsair RM1000x COOLING Noctua NH-D15