Got targeted by qewe file encryption

Shivank

All my files have just got .qewe extension what should I do and it's not even allowing me to reset my system what should I do I already have a safe backup of previous data on another device so dont worry about loosing it but what should I do to kick this thing out of my system help me guys !!

4 minutes ago, Shivank said:

All my files have just got .qewe extension what should I do and it's not even allowing me to reset my system what should I do I already have a safe backup of previous data on another device so dont worry about loosing it but what should I do to kick this thing out of my system help me guys !!

Format the drive(s) in your system. Then once it is formatted, reinstall your backup.

Not familiar with Qewe, but since you already mention not caring about what's on the drive I'd say do a full format of the drive wiping everything that's on it. Then just reinstall and restore your backups. If it does more than just encrypt your files (like infect some firmware or something), perhaps physically destroy the drive.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

That is what I thought to format the whole system but then I thought that I have just purchased this laptop and I had came with free premium of Norton antivirus with it so this make me seek a alternative of formatting and Let me inform you that this thing is also not allowing me to reset the system from recovery in settings I there is another way to get this thing out or a way to get my reset option working again please tell me and if there is no other way of this rather than full flush of windows then also its doable  

You'll have to make a Windows install USB drive using another computer and boot from it, format and reinstall.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

4 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

You'll have to make a Windows install USB drive using another computer and boot from it, format and reinstall.

I that the only thing I could do??

2 minutes ago, Shivank said:

I that the only thing I could do??

You could throw it in the bin and buy another one, that would work.

Seriously though just wiping the drive is the best thing to do, maybe you could clean it up, but as soon as you connect your backup drive, the executable you missed that starts with Windows encrypts that too.

1 minute ago, Curious Pineapple said:

You could throw it in the bin and buy another one, that would work.

Seriously though just wiping the drive is the best thing to do, maybe you could clean it up, but as soon as you connect your backup drive, the executable you missed that starts with Windows encrypts that too.

Don't wanna die today man let's just get going with new windows 😁

Norton antivirus sucks so don't care about that.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking