1080ti pcb layout c93

been here before but for the life of me cant figure out old details.

1080ti recently dropped all video output and basically bricked pc.
took it to the shop and their diagnosis was, video card dead.
so i got a replacment placeholder card until newer generation comes out or til i can afford the latest baller whatever.

ANYWAY

looking at the dead 1080ti I noticed there's nothing soldered to the C93 designated pins, but it looks like there used to be or could have been.

this one,
f0creke.jpg

just wondering if anyone knows if that was meant to be there on all boards... <_< >_>
it feels like a dumb question but I don't know if it was there before or not when it was working

4 minutes ago, HowWillIEverFinanciallyRec said:

s nothing soldered to the C93 designated pins,

I see two other spots with missing components too.  I would say normal unless it looks like it is actually missing.  The photo is not clear and close enough to tell

2 minutes ago, TylerDurden! said:

I see two other spots with missing components too.  I would say normal unless it looks like it is actually missing.  The photo is not clear and close enough to tell

should've said photo is of board that has the bit in the circle, nmp, my board has nothing at all in that circle but two contacts, think this is gamers nexus photo
also should've said i was looking for the pcb spec sheet thing that tells you what each component is and which line system its on but i don't know where to find board stuff like that online.

Edited by HowWillIEverFinanciallyRec
boop

if they are just clean undisturbed

1 minute ago, HowWillIEverFinanciallyRec said:

gamers nexus photo

contacts, then it is just normal

If the Gamers Nexus board is missing it then it would make sense for your board to also be missing it...

A photo of *your* PCB would be more helpful.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

1 minute ago, Spotty said:

If the Gamers Nexus board is missing it then it would make sense for your board to also be missing it...

A photo of *your* PCB would be more helpful.

the gamers nexus board is not missing it, neither is this random photo of the bit
GhBysHp.png

where the three with white stuff are i have the two black ones next to the r22 then the third one
is just two contacts
i can try get a picture but I don't know how to get it on here :s

1 minute ago, HowWillIEverFinanciallyRec said:

i can try get a picture but I don't know how to get it on here :s

Take a photo with your phone. Close to the area you are trying to show off with good lighting preferably so we can clearly see what is going on.

You can upload images directly to the forum. Just drag the photo in to the text box and it will add the image. Or use the "choose files" button at the bottom of the text box to browse your PC for a file to attach to your post.

2 minutes ago, HowWillIEverFinanciallyRec said:

the gamers nexus board is not missing it, neither is this random photo of the bit

where the three with white stuff are i have the two black ones next to the r22 then the third one
is just two contacts

There's nothing soldered in the GN picture. It's unpopulated. The contacts are there but the component (a surface mount capacitor) is not mounted. This isn't uncommon, sometimes during the early design phase they think it's required and then later they realise it isn't required, so they just leave it blank because redesigning the PCB is too costly and takes too long.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

2 minutes ago, Spotty said:

Take a photo with your phone. Close to the area you are trying to show off with good lighting preferably so we can clearly see what is going on.

You can upload images directly to the forum. Just drag the photo in to the text box and it will add the image. Or use the "choose files" button at the bottom of the text box to browse your PC for a file to attach to your post.

There's nothing soldered in the GN picture. It's unpopulated. The contacts are there but the component (a surface mount capacitor) is not mounted. This isn't uncommon, sometimes during the early design phase they think it's required and then later they realise it isn't required, so they just leave it blank because redesigning the PCB is too costly and takes too long.

ohhh you got me there chief, looks like im blinder than i anticipated

Well, regardless I would recommend checking when you bought the GTX1080Ti and checking if it might still be covered by warranty. Wouldn't hurt to reach out to the manufacturer. If they say no then you haven't lost anything.