is it possible for an OC to remain even after resetting MSIAB?

OnionRings

I've been having a ton of game crashes and BSODs with the error VIDEO SCHEDULER INTERNAL ERROR and I think it has something to do with my GPU. I have ran DDU twice in safe mode and the only changes to it are my fan curve and power/temp limits are maxed, but no overclock. Yet I am still crashing... whats going on? Is it possible I fucked my card? I never messed with voltage though, only core clock and mem clock... ugh PCs can be so frustrating lol.

Please Quote me when replying.
CPU
 - Ryzen 7 5800X3D | RAM - 32GB DDR4 4000Mhz | MB - MSI B550 A-PRO | Boot - 2TB NVME 980 Evo Plus | GPU - EVGA FTW3 RTX 3090 24GB

So if I get this right, the BSODs don't happen if you don't adjust the power/temp limits?

Just now, Senzelian said:

So if I get this right, the BSODs don't happen if you don't adjust the power/temp limits?

No, I haven't tried not messing with them. The BSODs are far more rare than the game crashes themselves. Maybe 1 every few days, but still enough to notice. But my games are crashing multiple times per day and its really annoying.

CPU
 - Ryzen 7 5800X3D | RAM - 32GB DDR4 4000Mhz | MB - MSI B550 A-PRO | Boot - 2TB NVME 980 Evo Plus | GPU - EVGA FTW3 RTX 3090 24GB

Just now, OnionRings said:

No, I haven't tried not messing with them. The BSODs are far more rare than the game crashes themselves. Maybe 1 every few days, but still enough to notice. But my games are crashing multiple times per day and its really annoying.

Then you should try that and see if the crashes and BSODs go away.

If they don't, then your problem might actually be somewhere else or your GPU is simply defective. If they do go away, then we at least know where exactly the problem is.

Then you should try that and see if the crashes and BSODs go away.

If they don't, then your problem might actually be somewhere else or your GPU is simply defective. If they do go away, then we at least know where exactly the problem is.

I can try yea, but the weird thing is that on my old motherboard and CPU, I didn't have this many issues and my power and temp limits were tweaked on that too.

I recently upgraded my CPU, motherboard, and ram, and at first I didn't reinstall windows, but I recently did and I updated my GPU driver. Am I missing anything else? Is there any other updates I may have forgotten? Do CPUs have drivers I don't know about? BIOS should be up to date, my motherboard comes ryzen 3d gen ready.

CPU

4 minutes ago, OnionRings said:

I can try yea, but the weird thing is that on my old motherboard and CPU, I didn't have this many issues and my power and temp limits were tweaked on that too.

I recently upgraded my CPU, motherboard, and ram, and at first I didn't reinstall windows, but I recently did and I updated my GPU driver. Am I missing anything else? Is there any other updates I may have forgotten? Do CPUs have drivers I don't know about? BIOS should be up to date, my motherboard comes ryzen 3d gen ready.

Any necessary drivers are installed with the Windows 10 install or will be downloaed automatically during the install. So that shouldn't be an issue.

(You can always try to download the current drivers from your motherboard manufacturer's website)

Which PSU are your currently using?

Any necessary drivers are installed with the Windows 10 install or will be downloaed automatically during the install. So that shouldn't be an issue.

Which PSU are your currently using?

Aha... never thought about the PSU... I did swap that as well. I was using the 520w seasonic bronze, now im using a corsair TXM 550 gold semi modular. I wanted another seasonic, but at the time of purchase they were sold out.

CPU

5 minutes ago, OnionRings said:

Aha... never thought about the PSU... I did swap that as well. I was using the 520w seasonic bronze, now im using a corsair TXM 550 gold semi modular. I wanted another seasonic, but at the time of purchase they were sold out.

It's probably a shot in the dark, but you could switch the PSU aswell if you still have the other one.

I know it sucks, but all you can really do is to switch components after another and hope to get some sort of result out of it. 😕

It might even be some sort of software that is causing this issue.

Edit.: Also try running the memory at stock speeds. Maybe you got an issue there. Try only 8GB even. Best thing would be to take a component out or replace it and run a benchmark for a long time that you know will cause the issue.

4 minutes ago, Senzelian said:

It's probably a shot in the dark, but you could switch the PSU aswell if you still have the other one.

I know it sucks, but all you can really do is to switch components after another and hope to get some sort of result out of it. 😕

It might even be some sort of software that is causing this issue.

Edit.: Also try running the memory at stock speeds. Maybe you got an issue there. Try only 8GB even. Best thing would be to take a component out or replace it and run a benchmark for a long time that you know will cause the issue.

PSU isn't an option, its in my sisters rig now and that would require me rewiring 2 rigs. I can try the ram thing but would ram really make games crash?

CPU

Just now, OnionRings said:

PSU isn't an option, its in my sisters rig now and that would require me rewiring 2 rigs. I can try the ram thing but would ram really make games crash?

Yeah, unstable or defective RAM can cause any kind of software crash.

Again, it's a shot in the dark and might lead to nothing, but that is something you can try without compromising the general functionality of your PC.

Alright so I tried taking off my power limit and temp limit in MSIAB, no fix. So now I've deleted all the settings for it including my fan curves, and I'll see if I crash again. If that doesn't fix it, I'll have to try the ram suggestion. If my ram is fucked then im without a PC while it RMAs.

CPU

Its gotta be hardware. Modern warfare crashed my 2nd game in.

CPU