1660 ti good for 4k 60?

Animesona

im planning on getting a 4k monitor will my 1660 ti run games 4k 60?

I mean, I'm sure it'll run some games at 4k60, but it's definitely not going to run modern, graphically intense titles at high/ultra settings at 4k60.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

1 hour ago, Suika said:

I mean, I'm sure it'll run some games at 4k60, but it's definitely not going to run modern, graphically intense titles at high/ultra settings at 4k60.

does 4k look better on a 4k monitor?

Just now, Animesona said:

does 4k look better on a 4k monitor?

Yes. Lower resolutions do not have the pixels. In fact, there's really no reason to run 4k on a non 4k monitor.

The 1660 TI will run games at medium/low at 4k, but you're gonna get a much more appealing gaming experience with 1440p medium/high.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 hour ago, Fasauceome said:

Yes. Lower resolutions do not have the pixels. In fact, there's really no reason to run 4k on a non 4k monitor.

The 1660 TI will run games at medium/low at 4k, but you're gonna get a much more appealing gaming experience with 1440p medium/high.

but if i render a game in 4k will it look better?

but if i render a game in 4k will it look better?

again, you only have so many pixels.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

again, you only have so many pixels.

again will it look better because im planning on buying a 4k monitor

again will it look better because im planning on buying a 4k monitor

on a 4k monitor it will look sharp, but it will not look better if you have to reduce the graphics quality by a ton. Low quality textures are low quality no matter what resolution you render them in.

Primary PC:

on a 4k monitor it will look sharp, but it will not look better if you have to reduce the graphics quality by a ton. Low quality textures are low quality no matter what resolution you render them in.

i can play overwatch on high 4k is that good?

2 minutes ago, Animesona said:

i can play overwatch on high 4k is that good?

"high" for overwatch is their medium setting. that's fairly expected.

Primary PC:

"high" for overwatch is their medium setting. that's fairly expected.

4k is 1000 more pixels basically

1 minute ago, Animesona said:

4k is 1000 more pixels basically

it's quite a lot more than that.

1920x1080 is 2 million pixels.

2560x1440 is 3.6 million.

3840x2160 is 8.3 million.

Primary PC:

it's quite a lot more than that.

1920x1080 is 2 million pixels.

2560x1440 is 3.6 million.

3840x2160 is 8.3 million.

wow 8 million pixels im definetly getting a 4k monitor now

4 minutes ago, Animesona said:

wow 8 million pixels im definetly getting a 4k monitor now

So what @Fasauceome is trying to say is in order to play 4k60 you will have to turn the textures way down. 

it’s will be like playing Mario bro’s 64 at 4K, sure you can do it, but you won’t notice any (positive) difference because the textures are so bad anyways.

might as well just save that money for a 2080

or 3080.

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

just curious what are the benefits of rendering 4k resoultion on a 1080p monitor?

1 hour ago, scuff gang said:

So what @Fasauceome is trying to say is in order to play 4k60 you will have to turn the textures way down. 

it’s will be like playing Mario bro’s 64 at 4K, sure you can do it, but you won’t notice any difference because the textures are so bad anyways.

might as well just save that money for a 2080

or 3080.

what if i can get a 4k monitor for 200$?

I would guess that it has a crappy panel with some bad colors

or you have a generous friend selling you their monitor they don't need anymore.

Primary PC:

Care to link the monitor?

its probably shit and won’t make a difference, just save your money for a new gpu. Even if it’s 4K you have to look at things like response time, hz, size, what type of panel....

AMD blackout rig

1 hour ago, scuff gang said:

Care to link the monitor?

its probably shit and won’t make a difference, just save your money for a new gpu. Even if it’s 4K you have to look at things like response time, hz, size, what type of panel....

https://www.asus.com/us/Monitors/MG28UQ/ im gonna buy this from a guy on facebook

2 minutes ago, Animesona said:

https://www.asus.com/us/Monitors/MG28UQ/ im gonna buy this from a guy on facebook

if you are getting a bargain then it's a good monitor, the color calibration on midrange Asus monitors is usually good, it uses a TN panel so don't expect particularly vibrant images. I hope the monitor has been cared for, usually a deal that's too good to be true has some strings attached.

Primary PC:

Just now, Fasauceome said:

it uses a TN panel so don't expect particularly vibrant images.

Idk why but I love the look of TN panels

AMD blackout rig

im gonna get it tomorrow or monday maybe tomorrow im not sure

Just now, scuff gang said:

Idk why but I love the look of TN panels

they're not guaranteed terrible, and have some advantages over IPS, so there's not really a reason not to like them.

Primary PC:

27 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

they're not guaranteed terrible, and have some advantages over IPS, so there's not really a reason not to like them.

I don’t even care about the advantages they just have a nicer look to them, can’t quite pin down exactly what it is

AMD blackout rig

Hi, thanks for the post. It's very helpful. I've one question maybe you could elucidate the answer for me, 

I'm basically torn here on my next build, juggling options for graphics cards and I think that I have the candidates narrowed down, but let me know your opinion, 

I'm trying to decide between the 1070 TI or the 1660 TIE Fighter variant, which one provides the greatest boost speed? Thoughts on positives/negatives for both, I can pick one up used on ebay from the first order - Thabks!!