Beginners Guide to Building a PC For Beginners (2020 Edition) [BEING REVAMPED]

• 1 month later...

64-bit OSes don't need 4+ GB of RAM to run, I've installed them on an Athlon 64 machine with 512MB of RAM and various other 2 and 3GB Windows 7 laptops. It's just that if you have more than 3.5GB of RAM, you need 64-bit to be able to utilize it fully.

Desktop 1 : Ryzen 5 3600 (O/C to 4Ghz all-core) | Gigabyte B450M-DS3H | 24GB DDR4-2400 Crucial(O/C to 2667) | GALAX RTX 2060 6GB | CoolerMaster MWE 650 Gold

Desktop 2 : i5 10400 | 32GB DDR4-3200(@ 2667Mhz) |  EVGA GTX 1070 SC 8 GB | Corsair CV450M

Laptop : ASUS ROG Strix G17 : i7-10750H, 16GB RAM, GTX 1660Ti 6GB(90W), 1TB NVMe SSD

Yoga 3 14 - i7-5500U, 8GB RAM, GeForce GT 940M, 256GB SSD

• 4 weeks later...

hello 

i am new user here and in pc building way for me is new experience. i want to buy new pc but i not sure if i want to buy prebuilt or from build it myself but i am not really confident in myself as it would be my first time pc building and i don't even sure if i can get the details correct(parts for the build). my budget is £2000. i live in UK. any advice would be appreciated as before i just buy the pc that looked good as well it was prebuild. as you probably noticed i am total novice in this area about pc but i really like gaming. any advice you can provide would be appreciated. like where is best to buy prebuild on pc making websites or how to get best performance out of my money while selecting parts 

thankyou 

19 hours ago, vandelieu said:

hello 

i am new user here and in pc building way for me is new experience. i want to buy new pc but i not sure if i want to buy prebuilt or from build it myself but i am not really confident in myself as it would be my first time pc building and i don't even sure if i can get the details correct(parts for the build). my budget is £2000. i live in UK. any advice would be appreciated as before i just buy the pc that looked good as well it was prebuild. as you probably noticed i am total novice in this area about pc but i really like gaming. any advice you can provide would be appreciated. like where is best to buy prebuild on pc making websites or how to get best performance out of my money while selecting parts 

thankyou 

please create a new topic for optimal advice.

Welcome to the forum!

I would use PCPP (PCpartpicker) to look for parts. It checks for compatibility.

please quote me or tag me @wall03 so i can see your response

motherboard buying guide      psu buying guide      pc building guide     privacy guide

ltt meme thread

folding at home stats

pc:

RAM: 16GB DDR4-3200 CL-16

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.6GHz

SSD: 256GB SP

GPU: Radeon RX 570 8GB OC

Cinebench R23 score: 9097 (multi) 1236 (single)

don't some things look better when they are lowercase?

-wall03

hello dark mode users

goodbye light mode users