Package 50°C cooler than cores

Paradieshenne

Hi,

I experienced a drastical drop in performance of my AMD A10-6700 and when I checked the temperatures with CPUID, it was showing 25°C package temperature and 75°C core temperature (on idle).

I had some heat problems a while ago, when the processor reached up to 110°C. I then changed out the stock cooler for one with 2(4, if you count the number of pipes going up) heatpipes.

I don´t know how long the processor was running that hot, but can that have caused this problem?

The system is made up out of a ASUS M11BB, 2x8GB DDR3-1600 RAM (I have a third stick of RAM, also 8GB, but it doesent show up anymore) and a 1050 Ti.

(Background: The system was a complete Workstation/Office PC that I bougth when it was on sale beacause it had Win8, I upgraded it fom 8GB to 24GB and added the 1050 Ti (Win10 was installed also). The cooler was changed mid 2019.)

I´m building a new PC now, so I dont need to fix it, but I would like to know what the problem is.

Best regards,

Nils

2 minutes ago, Paradieshenne said:

Hi,

I experienced a drastical drop in performance of my AMD A10-6700 and when I checked the temperatures with CPUID, it was showing 25°C package temperature and 75°C core temperature (on idle).

I had some heat problems a while ago, when the processor reached up to 110°C. I then changed out the stock cooler for one with 2(4, if you count the number of pipes going up) heatpipes.

I don´t know how long the processor was running that hot, but can that have caused this problem?

The system is made up out of a ASUS M11BB, 2x8GB DDR3-1600 RAM (I have a third stick of RAM, also 8GB, but it doesent show up anymore) and a 1050 Ti.

(Background: The system was a complete Workstation/Office PC that I bougth when it was on sale beacause it had Win8, I upgraded it fom 8GB to 24GB and added the 1050 Ti (Win10 was installed also). The cooler was changed mid 2019.)

I´m building a new PC now, so I dont need to fix it, but I would like to know what the problem is.

Best regards,

Nils

Software measurements cannot be trusted. GamerNexus has a loot of deep coverage for why you can't trust software readings in general.

When the CPU reaches a "over-spec" temperature, it shuts down. It is extremely unlikely that a CPU has crippled itself without shutting down. 

The only reason why it might get so hot is if the thermal paste was never changed for many many years or if the cooler was not making correct contact with the die.

But more likely, something else is the problem and the temperature is just wrongly reported.

That's a hardware misreading. A 50*C difference in package several milimetres in size is impossible

• 4 months later...

right now i have similar problems with a similar cpu (a10-5700):

as seen in hwmonitor, i have a difference of 50ish° with the stock cooler, even if it is not giving me any problems

cpuwtf.png

i squee.

from my bottom.

of my heart