Second Monitor Issues with GTX 1660 XC

Hello Everyone.

As I said before. i have a GTX 1660XC and im having an issue.

I bought a second monitor and its not recognizing something, the monitor says cable not connected.

Details:
The monitor is working, its a VGA AOC (E2270SWN) monitor. i have tried to use with the VGA cable in a notebook and it works fine.
on my pc im using an adaptor VGA to DVI that im cannot test if its the problem, but i doubt it is because its brand new.
All my Nvidia drivers are updated and windows is also updated. I have tried to rollback the driver but nothing works anyway.
My motherboard is a Asus TUF B360M-Plus Gaming/BR, Intel LGA 1151, mATX, DDR4
And my processor is a Intel Core i5-9400F Coffee Lake, Cache 9MB, 2.9GHz (4.1GHz Max Turbo), LGA 1151, No video - BX80684I59400F

Is there anyway to check if the plug in my GPU is working correctly? 

Can someone help me?

THank you.

2 minutes ago, leo09876 said:

As I said before. i have a GTX 1660XC and im having an issue. 
I bought a second monitor and its not recognizing something, the monitor says cable not connected.

Details:
The monitor is working, its a VGA AOC (E2270SWN) monitor. i have tried to use with the VGA cable in a notebook and it works fine.
on my pc im using an adaptor VGA to DVI that im cannot test if its the problem, but i doubt it is because its brand new.
All my Nvidia drivers are updated and windows is also updated. I have tried to rollback the driver but nothing works anyway.
My motherboard is a Asus TUF B360M-Plus Gaming/BR, Intel LGA 1151, mATX, DDR4
And my processor is a Intel Core i5-9400F Coffee Lake, Cache 9MB, 2.9GHz (4.1GHz Max Turbo), LGA 1151, No video - BX80684I59400F

Is there anyway to check if the plug in my GPU is working correctly? 

Did you plug the adapter into the videocard? What does the adapter look like?

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

11 minutes ago, minibois said:

Did you plug the adapter into the videocard? What does the adapter look like?

But i believe its something with the GPU, because it works perfectly fine with my laptop

Just now, leo09876 said:

Hey, yes i did, here is the link of the adaptor, its in brazilian portuguese, but i think u can check it.

https://www.kabum.com.br/produto/97836/adaptador-md9-dvi-i-m-x-vga-f-24-1-dual-link-6748

Not to call you a liar or something, but I find it hard to believe you plugged this adapter into your videocard.

Spoiler

image.png.50c378e3a8771aac3bba3d961c3bfdb6.png

Reason I say this, is because that adapter is DVI-I.

That means it has some 'pins' around the 'minus' part:

image.png.b57bec904a1f51f43c26739191d143aa.png

Your videocard does not have room for these pins

image.png.f0176e5ed33aaeeb700fb11836c7a8a1.png

So there is no way for a DVI-I cable to physically fit into a DVI-D port (at least not without excessive force, pushing the pins into the plastic on the DVI-D port.

In short, you need an active DVI-D to VGA Adapter. One that converts digital signals (The second D in DVI-D stands for digital) to VGA (which is analog).

It doesn't seem like the store you linked has such adapters, as they only have simple passive adapters (which won't work).

Shipping for this item may be quite a lot, but it's just for illustrative purposes. You need an adapter like this:

https://www.amazon.com/gofanco-Active-DVI-D-Adapter-Converter/dp/B01FL7H7HA/

Has a little 'block'on the connector (VGA side) and is specifically advertised as an active adapter.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

2 minutes ago, minibois said:

Not to call you a liar or something, but I find it hard to believe you plugged this adapter into your videocard.

Reveal hidden contents

So there is no way for a DVI-I cable to physically fit into a DVI-D port (at least not without excessive force, pushing the pins into the plastic on the DVI-D port.

In short, you need an active DVI-D to VGA Adapter. One that converts digital signals (The second D in DVI-D stands for digital) to VGA (which is analog).

It doesn't seem like the store you linked has such adapters, as they only have simple passive adapters (which won't work).

Shipping for this item may be quite a lot, but it's just for illustrative purposes. You need an adapter like this:

Has a little 'block'on the connector (VGA side) and is specifically advertised as an active adapter.

ohh ok, i have bought the wrong adaptor once, i thoght this time i bought it right, ill try buing this one, ty

Hey Bro Here is the deal. i found out what is happening, but now there is a new problem.

I bought the new adaptor its working, i tested with my main monitor just the dvi, and turns out ok. after that, i tried to turn on the PC with only the second monitor in DVI as well, and for my surprise, its works. 
Than, right after that, i connect the first monitor to the HDMI plug in the GPU, and now the second monitors go dark.

Meaning, something is happening in my GPU that when i connect the HDMI it prevents the DVI plug to works.
What should i do?

On 4/29/2020 at 6:22 PM, minibois said:

Reveal hidden contents

Here is a video showing exactly what is happening 

Simple Answer: Get proper cables according to the outputs and inputs of card an monitor. Avoid adaptors if possible. VGA is analogue and needs active conversion to digital - not a go to option with a video card that has digital outputs only.