USB-C Display Questions

I just ordered a new motherboard with a usb-c thunderbolt port.  I also ordered an WQHD monitor with a USB-C input, for video input as well as enabling me to plug in my peripherals to the back of my monitor.

My question is, can I continue to use the motherboard port for a display when I get a graphics card or will I have to use a display port cable for video and usb-c for peripherals?  I was under the impression that a graphics card had to be used for the display out when connected.  My processor has integrated Vega 8 graphics if it makes a difference.

AFAIK, only AM4 motherboards with Thunderbolt 3 are ASRock X570 Creator and X570 Phantom Gaming-ITX/TB3.

And with both of them, you need a GPU connected to the DisplayPort In connector for the Thunderbolt to have a display connectivity.

It doesn't use the iGPU for Thunderbolt.

Okay, my mistake.  I reviewed the motherboard and it is actually type-c 3.1, so I'm guessing I can not use it as a display out.

• 5 months later...
On 4/29/2020 at 10:15 PM, Zagna said:

And with both of them, you need a GPU connected to the DisplayPort In connector for the Thunderbolt to have a display connectivity.

Will I still be able to connect multiple Thunderbolt Displays although only one DP Port is connected to the GPU?

Sorry, total Thunderbolt noob here.