All Asus ROG Gaming PC Build

Hey all,

I have decided to build a PC for the first time and have decided to go with an all ASUS ROG build, this build that I have decided on will be used for only gaming purposes and wanting to endulge to 4K support. I will be listing all of the components below, please comment on any alternative components that I could use to meet my purposes

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3950x

CPU Cooler: ASUS ROG Ryujin 360

MotherBoard: ASUS ROG X570 CrossHair VIII Hero WiFi

Ram: *I am not sure of which ones I should go for, but will be going for 32GB if possible*

Storage: * also not sure of this as I am not familiar with M.2, in addition to this please verify if I can use any SSD in terms of mass storage and not only the M.2, as I assume I can throw in like a 5TB hard drive and a M.2 that is 1 TB*

GPU: ASUS ROG Strix RX 5700 XT

PSU: ASUS ROG Thor 850w

PSU Cables: CableMod PRO ModMesh RT-Series Kit (Black) *the only thing about this is that I actually have no idea of the cables required, however I assume it to be a single 4+4-pin EPS Cable and a single 8-pin EPS Cable, please correct this if wrong*

Case: ASUS ROG Helios

GPU Riser Cable: ASUS ROG Strix Riser Cable * I have zero clue on what this actually does, I just saw it and added it on my list, please educate me on what this does and whether or not I need it*

RGB: ASUS ROG Aura Terminal *as well as* Phanteks PH-FF120DRGBA_BK01 120mm Halos Lux Digital RGB Fan Frames

*now I will be showing the less complex part of my list*

Monitor: ASUS ROG Strix XG32VQ 43" 3840 x 2160 120Hz FreeSync 2 HDR

Mouse: ASUS ROG Gladius II Wireless

Keyboard: ASUS ROG Strix Scope

Mouse Pad: ASUS ROG Balteus RGB Gaming Mouse Pad

Headphones: *to be honest this actually isnt gonna be a ASUS ROG thing because I already have a new headset that I brought eariler in the month maybe late march but it is some chinese make and gets the job done. And from that I guess this will not be an All ASUS ROG build you still can't call it that when ram and storage will not be ASUS ROG so basically this is a 98% ASUS ROG build. lol*

Anyways that is all the components that I will be using (I believe saying that the OS will be Windows 10 is a waste of time, yet I said it lol) Please comment of any improvements that I can do and add the components that I haven't filled in as well as anything I have miss.

Also, please recommend any water cooling system that I could use.

As a reminder this will be a 4k gaming pc, thanks for the help guy in advance.

Just to inform you, i will start buying the components probably by June. And you know what I actually will just ditch the whole ASUS ROG theme if there is any component that is better please tell but the motherboard will stay lol.

Edited by danyaal29

yay for fanbois. 

I'd suggest a good Samsung 970Evo 1TB m.2 and yes, any SATA drive will work for mass storage. 

if you're going for some RAM with FlexFactor™ you should get the ICONIC Dominator Platinums from corsair. with the highest clocks you can find. and then overclock that sh*t. you know, for Flexin'™

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

7 minutes ago, danyaal29 said:

Just to inform you, i will start buying the components probably by June. And you know what I actually will just ditch the whole ASUS ROG theme if there is any component that is better please tell but the motherboard will stay lol.

You’ll be doing this. You’re overspending a lot on components and getting much less for your money. 

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

4 minutes ago, danyaal29 said:

Hey all,

I have decided to build a PC for the first time and have decided to go with an all ASUS ROG build, this build that I have decided on will be used for only gaming purposes and wanting to endulge to 4K support. I will be listing all of the components below, please comment on any alternative components that I could use to meet my purposes

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3950x

CPU Cooler: ASUS ROG Ryujin 360

Ram: *I am not sure of which ones I should go for, but will be going for 32GB if possible*

Storage: * also not sure of this as I am not familiar with M.2, in addition to this please verify if I can use any SSD in terms of mass storage and not only the M.2, as I assume I can throw in like a 5TB hard drive and a M.2 that is 1 TB*

GPU: ASUS ROG Strix RX 5700 XT

PSU: ASUS ROG Thor 850w

PSU Cables: CableMod PRO ModMesh RT-Series Kit (Black) *the only thing about this is that I actually have no idea of the cables required, however I assume it to be a single 4+4-pin EPS Cable and a single 8-pin EPS Cable, please correct this if wrong*

Case: ASUS ROG Helios

GPU Riser Cable: ASUS ROG Strix Riser Cable * I have zero clue on what this actually does, I just saw it and added it on my list, please educate me on what this does and whether or not I need it*

RGB: ASUS ROG Aura Terminal *as well as* Phanteks PH-FF120DRGBA_BK01 120mm Halos Lux Digital RGB Fan Frames

*now I will be showing the less complex part of my list*

Monitor: ASUS ROG Strix XG32VQ 43" 3840 x 2160 120Hz FreeSync 2 HDR

Mouse: ASUS ROG Gladius II Wireless

Keyboard: ASUS ROG Strix Scope

Mouse Pad: ASUS ROG Balteus RGB Gaming Mouse Pad

Headphones: *to be honest this actually isnt gonna be a ASUS ROG thing because I already have a new headset that I brought eariler in the month maybe late march but it is some chinese make and gets the job done. And from that I guess this will not be an All ASUS ROG build you still can't call it that when ram and storage will not be ASUS ROG so basically this is a 98% ASUS ROG build. lol*

Anyways that is all the components that I will be using (I believe saying that the OS will be Windows 10 is a waste of time, yet I said it lol) Please comment of any improvements that I can do and add the components that I haven't filled in as well as anything I have miss.

Also, please recommend any water cooling system that I could use.

As a reminder this will be a 4k gaming pc, thanks for the help guy in advance.

Just to inform you, i will start buying the components probably by June.

I would then reccomend this. Also, why only ROG parts, unless your budget is infinite.., there are great ROG certified products or Aura Sync compatible parts.

Laptop: HP Spectre x360 13t, i7 8565u with 16 gigs, 512 gig  nvme ssd, UHD 620 4k

Other laptop: Acer Chromebook cb3 431 with 4 gigs, celeron n3060 with hd 400 and 16 gigs eMMC soon to be a minecraft server?

Remeber to tag people or else they wont see your post.

Just now, ItzCopiouz said:

This is overkill, and not the best for the price, but it matches what you want in terms on ultamite gaming performance, I guess having sli cards or the titan rtx/ quadro rtx 8000, but those are insanely expensive.

Laptop: HP Spectre x360 13t, i7 8565u with 16 gigs, 512 gig  nvme ssd, UHD 620 4k

Other laptop: Acer Chromebook cb3 431 with 4 gigs, celeron n3060 with hd 400 and 16 gigs eMMC soon to be a minecraft server?

Remeber to tag people or else they wont see your post.

13 minutes ago, danyaal29 said:

If you want something for looks more than function the ASUS ROG X570 Formula has a OLED screen incorporated in the motherboard.

17 minutes ago, danyaal29 said:

It allows you to mount you GPU vertically so that you can show off all that ASUS RGB.  I wouldn't apply the word "need" to any part of your build.  But if I wanted an all ASUS build, I would want it.

21 minutes ago, danyaal29 said:

Get 3600 Mhz Ram.  Try For GSKILL TRIDENT RGB in black.

25 minutes ago, danyaal29 said:

Get two of these.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MTQTNVR/ref=twister_B085GG5QDR?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

You don't want hard drives uglying up your build.

1 hour ago, Slottr said:

You’ll be doing this. You’re overspending a lot on components and getting much less for your money. 

Thanks for the heads up, could you list a few things that you recommend me of subsitutions to get the most of what I would be paying. 

6 hours ago, danyaal29 said:

Thanks, so just to confirm I can use 2 m.2s instead of just one alongside a hard drive?

Yes, your motherboard has 2 dedicated nvme m.2 heat-sinked drive locations.

8 hours ago, Hilltrot said:

If you want something for looks more than function the ASUS ROG X570 Formula has a OLED screen incorporated in the motherboard.

That mono is only good is custom liquid cooled, isn't that good if only cooled by air.

8 hours ago, ItzCopiouz said:

A 9900KF makes no sense if he wants to game at 4K. Even an R5 3600 would perform pretty much the same. And why are you suggesting a pcie 4.0 SSD ? Pointless even if it was supported. Also 64GB Ram ? The op wants a gaming pc, not a high end workstation.

16 minutes ago, gloop said:

That mono is only good is custom liquid cooled, isn't that good if only cooled by air.

He's not using air.  Read the OP.

Just now, Hilltrot said:

He's not using air.  Read the OP.

I meant custom liquid cooled. If you look at the images, you can see the fittings of where the tubes go in.

4 minutes ago, gloop said:

I meant custom liquid cooled. If you look at the images, you can see the fittings of where the tubes go in.

You mean it is a watercooled motherboard or mobo.  Mono is a disease BTW.

You can custom water cool a Mobo and use an AIO on the Chip!  😆

I was throwing it out there because at first it seemed like he was just trying to spend money.  Now I'm getting the feeling that is not the case.

7 hours ago, danyaal29 said:

Thanks for the heads up, could you list a few things that you recommend me of subsitutions to get the most of what I would be paying. 

I'm only going to give one as an example,

Thats a 500$ USD board, where you can get a board that will easily suffice for around $170.

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

7 hours ago, danyaal29 said:

As a moderator on this forum, @Slottr only believes in parsimonious builds.  That's why he said he refuses to help you.  

If you want to keep with an ASUS Rog theme PC, this is how you would save money.

First replace the 3950x with a 3600 or 3700x.  If you are keeping the 5700xt, go with a 3600.   That will save you $600 easy. 

No one will be able to see the 3950, so there is no reason to have it in an ASUS Rog theme build.  The 3600 is perfectly capable of running every game out there at 5700xt speeds.

Next, motherboard.  ROG STRIX B450-E GAMING is what I would recommend at $150, but ASUS is very popular, so it is sold out in the US.

That leaves you with the ROG STRIX B570-E GAMING at no more than $300.  (I got mine for $260.  The retail price is $280)  This should be cheaper than your board is by about $100.   @Slottr doesn't know the retail price of ASUS Mobos and gave an inflated price.  $500 is the price a scalper charges for the ASUS ROG X570 CrossHair VIII Hero WiFi.  $380 is the actual retail price.  

Everything else seems perfectly fine.  If you still want to go with the 5700xt, make sure that you get a version made in 2020 so that you don't end up with the screw problem.

9 hours ago, danyaal29 said:

A nice set of black sleeved cables already comes with your power supply, so you do not need these.

47 minutes ago, Hilltrot said:

You mean it is a watercooled motherboard or mobo.  Mono is a disease BTW.

You can custom water cool a Mobo and use an AIO on the Chip!  😆

I was throwing it out there because at first it seemed like he was just trying to spend money.  Now I'm getting the feeling that is not the case.

Yep, did mean motherboard, my bad