My pc detecting 2 monitor but I have 1 monitor.

Hi....sometimes my pc detects 2 monitor but I have single monitor.....I have amd hd 6670 gpu.......normally intel hd driver dont show up but whenever 2nd monitor detects I can see intel hd driver showing with the amd driver...

can anyone tell me what is the problem? is this any serious issue? should I need to reinstall windows? please let me know...

does windows actually make another virtual display? can you accidently move your mouse onto a screen that isn't there? if not, and it's not hurting anything, i'd ignore it. no need to reinstall windows when you might just have a minor driver issue. 

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

1 minute ago, VioDuskar said:

does windows actually make another virtual display? can you accidently move your mouse onto a screen that isn't there? if not, and it's not hurting anything, i'd ignore it. no need to reinstall windows when you might just have a minor driver issue. 

Yes When the issue appears I fell another monitor but it was not there. on the right side of mine monitor.....I felt the issue for the 3 rd time in 1 years...

i would make sure the drivers are up to date of course.

i'd also look in your BIOS settings to see if you can disable the onboard graphics. 

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

2 minutes ago, VioDuskar said:

i would make sure the drivers are up to date of course.

i'd also look in your BIOS settings to see if you can disable the onboard graphics. 

if i disable onboard graphics isnt there any problem?

3 minutes ago, MasudRana said:

if i disable onboard graphics isnt there any problem?

you're using a GPU right? there won't be any issue if you diable the onboard graphics, you just won't be able to use the HDMI/VGA on the Motherboard's I/O panel.

Just now, VioDuskar said:

you're using a GPU right? there won't be any issue if you diable the onboard graphics, you just won't be able to use the HDMI/VGA on the Motherboard's I/O panel.

what if my gpu is dead and I need to use onboard hdmi?

1 minute ago, MasudRana said:

then you reset your bios

1 minute ago, MasudRana said:

the true magic/treasure is the friendship you made along the way. so that you can borrow a GPU to get your machine working for a short term. 

or just pop off the little coin battery on the motherboard and put it back in after 30 seconds to reset your CMOS/ BIOS

Just now, VioDuskar said:

the true magic/treasure is the friendship you made along the way. so that you can borrow a GPU to get your machine working for a short term. 

or just pop off the little coin battery on the motherboard and put it back in after 30 seconds to reset your CMOS/ BIOS

thanks! that will help me...really appreciated 

2 minutes ago, TylerDurden! said:

then you reset your bios

Thank you !