VG248QE monitor finally giving out

Pcinacan

I have had the popular VG248QE since i think 2014. There are some lines that look like burn in on the screen, but its a TN panel so i find that weird. Im getting tired of watching screen tearing and having bad viewing angles. I like to edit photos sometimes and it makes it very hard to color grade things, so I should probably finally get a new screen. I only have a 970 so i dont think i really need 144hz anymore, but it would to be nice to be over 60 hz. A decently color calibrated monitor with better viewing angles would be awesome and free-sync would be great. Im not trying to spend that much money on a new one though so cheaper the better. id like to stay under 250? My dad has a Lenovo L24q-20 1440p 60Hz HDMI IPS that i could use, but i have no idea about color accuracy or if want to settle with no freesync and 60hz. Any recommendations would be awesome.

CPUFX 8320, Motherboard ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3 Socket AM3+ AMD, RAM g.skill ripjaws x series (2x8gb), GPUstrix gtx 970, Storage 500gb + 500gb + 250 ssd, PSU EVGA 600w B 80 PLUS BRONZE, Display(s) ASUS VG248QE 24"+ Hisense 24" + Vizio 24", Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO, PC Part Picker  http://pcpartpicker.com/p/LFxQ23

How often do you game with this panel? Are you only video/photo editing with it? If the latter, I would say that 60hz would be fine, if you do game often enough than maybe look for 100hz so you don't break the bank but still get decent gaming performance.

Also, I would try the Lenovo for a bit and see if you notice a big difference in the refresh rate. You will definitely notice a difference with the IPS vs TN panel in color accuracy! If the refresh rate doesn't bother you, it sounds like you have a good replacement, at least for the meantime, and might be able to save a little longer and get something you will really be happy with!

Always try what you have first, its great to say you have a 240hz monitor but it's a whole other thing to say I can tell the difference in refresh rates. Some people can't tell the difference between a 60hz panel and a 144hz panel. If that's the case than there is no reason to spend $$$ on a high refresh rate panel.

I just upgraded my living room TV from a 1080p Vizio to an LG 4K OLED and while I couldn't keep my jaw closed I ran to my wife to show her and she looked at it and said "I don't see a difference". To me that was crazy, but for her there's no reason to spend $1,200 on a TV when she can spend $500 and get the same results.

Just my .02