Newegg shipping being weird for anyone else?

Eleven days ago, I placed a large order from Newegg (.)com for a total of over $400USD. All items ordered were a SATA SSD, a PSU, a single stick of ram, a motherboard, and two desktop cases. It's now been 7 full business days since the order was first placed, and everything except for the two cases have arrived. In all, I now have every single part of an entire computer except for the case it's supposed to go in. The person I am building this system for is understandably upset that the computer that I was supposed to deliver tomorrow is missing the entire case. 

I don't seem to be the only one having this issue, as I've seen lots of posts in the customer service section on their website asking about it. My specific problem is that Newegg says that the cases are waiting to be picked up by USPS, and USPS says they haven't been given anything to deliver. It's almost as if Newegg took money in exchange for items that they don't actually have in stock.

I understand that shipping times on non-essential items have been stretched out, but this goes beyond the already stretched out shipping times (3-5 business days went up to 5-7) I just wanna know when this stuff is coming in. What should I do? Keep waiting? Cancel my order and spend the extra $20 to buy the cases on Amazon? Try and look for the cases somewhere else? I need some input. Thanks

2 minutes ago, Jack0f5pades said:

Cancel my order and spend the extra $20 to buy the cases on Amazon?

They aren't any faster these days (USA) I just got a package I ordered several *weeks* ago, because of COVID is interfering with everything.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Tell your customer that due to COVID not all the parts have arrived, and there will be delays. There's nothing else you can do.

If you want to buy the case on amazon, keep in mind that even that will take a week-ish, and that you might not be able to cancel your Newegg order.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

1 minute ago, RadiatingLight said:

Tell your customer that due to COVID not all the parts have arrived, and there will be delays. There's nothing else you can do.

I sent them an email after making this post and they said to just build it in a cardboard box. They were joking ofc, but they said they understand and they can just keep using their old laptop until everything gets straightened out.