Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Plugged in fan RGB cable into motherboard rgb header

can_of_lit

So I'm trying to cable manage my pc better, and I had to do something so i just put all the fan power cables in the motherboard instead of my corsair commander pro, not worrying about rgb. I wanted to put the rgb on one of my fans for fun, and instead of connecting it to my corsair fan rgb hub, I plugged it into a motherboard header. After that, the rgb wasn't working. After I did it, the rgb was working for a small fraction of the fan. After a while, the rgb wasn't working at all, even after plugging it into my fan rgb hub and my aio rgb header( it was a fan for my aio radiator). I think I might've shorted the rgb or something like that, please help. I don't really care too much about it though, because its just the rgb thats not working, and the rgb is pretty hidden since its mounted on the top of the case under my aio radiator.

What motherboard.....

Corsair uses propitiatory connectors for their RGB and you would need adapters to use motherboards RGB overall. RGB is very vulnerable, connect wrong way or mix 5V and 12V and that can kill both ends of connection.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

• 1 year later...
On 4/29/2020 at 12:10 PM, LogicalDrm said:

What motherboard.....

Corsair uses propitiatory connectors for their RGB and you would need adapters to use motherboards RGB overall. RGB is very vulnerable, connect wrong way or mix 5V and 12V and that can kill both ends of connection.

mb man I rarely go on this and i completely forgot about it, its an ASrock Z390 Taichi.

5 hours ago, can_of_lit said:

mb man I rarely go on this and i completely forgot about it, its an ASrock Z390 Taichi.

Well mobo would have had both 12V and 5V. Corsair is 5V. So likely shorted because of the 12V, but could be just different pinout.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 hour ago, LogicalDrm said:

Well mobo would have had both 12V and 5V. Corsair is 5V. So likely shorted because of the 12V, but could be just different pinout.

corsair is proprietary. cant be plugged in to an mb.

Edited by thrasher_565

1 hour ago, thrasher_565 said:

corsair is proprietary. cant be plugged in to an mb.

Read the thread before trashing on people.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv