1400£ New gaming build

Hun3k

That's a very sub-optimal build. What country? The i7 is a massive waste of money when Ryzen 7 exists and beats it in 99% of use cases, the 2070 S is overpriced and the power supply is known of having issues. The water cooler is both poor quality and pretty pointless since a Ryzen 7 runs cool and efficient unlike the i7. Really, give us a country and we'll help you out

I'm located in Poland and my new build will be used only for gaming 

Just now, Hun3k said:

I'm located in Poland and my new build will be used only for gaming 

Then what is the total budget in local currency - the i7 is still a massive waste

2 minutes ago, Hun3k said:

7200 PLN

Total above is about 7000-7100

If you really have to go intel you should wait a few weeks for the "new" 10 series to arrive but if you need it right now go for the Ryzen 3700x as tank suggests. 

1 minute ago, Rancidpunk said:

If you really have to go intel you should wait a few weeks for the "new" 10 series to arrive but if you need it right now go for the Ryzen 3700x as tank suggests. 

The 10th gen is a rebrand of 9th gen mostly so he's not really getting anything except higher prices...

Thanks for help , I will check this set up , I was wondering if that Ryzen is enough for rtx 2080s and if there will not be "bottleneck" problem. And if that classic cooler is enough for CPU ?. I put i9700k to list because I checked benchmarks and it was bit better than Ryzen (I know It was 25 %more expensive )

Just now, Hun3k said:

Thanks for help , I will check this set up , I was wondering if that Ryzen is enough for rtx 2080s and if there will not be "bottleneck" problem. And if that classic cooler is enough for CPU ?. I put i9700k to list because I checked benchmarks and it was bit better than Ryzen (I know It was 25 %more expensive )

With all the latest security patches and Windows updates, gaming performance is identical on both the 9700K and 3700X so no, the Ryzen 7 won't hold back the 2080S. In fact, it's actually going to be better in the future as it has double the threads about 25% more overall CPU power than the i7. It's just massively better value. Also, the stock Wraith Prism is more than enough for the 3700X as, unlike the 9700K, it runs cool and quiet. No need to worry. If you really want super low temps, add in a cheap cooler like a Dark Rock Slim or Arctic Freezer 34 eSports

45 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

The 10th gen is a rebrand of 9th gen mostly so he's not really getting anything except higher prices...

I agree that the Ryzen is way better value for the op's build but that is just not true, he'll get Hyperthreading, base clock increased from 3.6ghz to 3.8ghz, turbo up to 5.1ghz, increased cache size from 12mb to 16mb and support for RAM up from 2666 to 2933 for the same price. If intel also allow overclocks on their cheaper B460 as is rumoured then the system could be cheaper than the one he originally posted.

1 minute ago, Rancidpunk said:

I agree that the Ryzen is way better value for the op's build but that is just not true, he'll get Hyperthreading, base clock increased from 3.6ghz to 3.8ghz, turbo up to 5.1ghz, increased cache size from 12mb to 16mb and support for RAM up from 2666 to 2933 for the same price. If intel also allow overclocks on their cheaper B460 as is rumoured then the system could be cheaper than the one he originally posted.

I'll break it down - hyper-threading is confirmed for i5s, not i7s (yet). It's supposed to come but it might also be a case of them adding another tier of more expensive models (with HT) on top. Like they did with i9

As for clocks - they're irrelevant as that's not turbo boost, it's velocity boost which means it's only going to boost to that if it's under 65*C (very rare on Intel these days for load situations)

Cache is fine but it won't make a massive difference as Intel doesn't benefit as much from cache as Ryzen. RAM is also moot as the current 9th gen supports DDR4-4000.
2933 is pretty slow considering the OP is looking at 3600

B460 overclocking was mentioned by a chinese OEM of non-legit boards. So far nothing is set in stone about that either. But the boards would need to be MUCH more expensive as the power delivery on current B365 boards can't handle overclocking and if they copy paste it, B460 boards would overheat.

The only thing that has been confirmed so far is higher prices. New i7s are coming in at 380$

5 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

I'll break it down - hyper-threading is confirmed for i5s, not i7s (yet). It's supposed to come but it might also be a case of them adding another tier of more expensive models (with HT) on top. Like they did with i9

As for clocks - they're irrelevant as that's not turbo boost, it's velocity boost which means it's only going to boost to that if it's under 65*C (very rare on Intel these days for load situations)

Cache is fine but it won't make a massive difference as Intel doesn't benefit as much from cache as Ryzen. RAM is also moot as the current 9th gen supports DDR4-4000.
2933 is pretty slow considering the OP is looking at 3600

B460 overclocking was mentioned by a chinese OEM of non-legit boards. So far nothing is set in stone about that either. But the boards would need to be MUCH more expensive as the power delivery on current B365 boards can't handle overclocking and if they copy paste it, B460 boards would overheat.

The only thing that has been confirmed so far is higher prices. New i7s are coming in at 380$

All of which is true but that's not the point, I said he should wait a very short amount of time until we can confirm the facts yet you claim there will be no difference in the two generations except a higher price. 

Unconfirmed by intel but they have been listed on some retail sites at $336 for the i7 10700kf which is actually a lot cheaper than the i7 9700kf that the op can buy for the equivalent of $447 from the site he linked to. 

11 minutes ago, Rancidpunk said:

All of which is true but that's not the point, I said he should wait a very short amount of time until we can confirm the facts yet you claim there will be no difference in the two generations except a higher price. 

Unconfirmed by intel but they have been listed on some retail sites at $336 for the i7 10700kf which is actually a lot cheaper than the i7 9700kf that the op can buy for the equivalent of $447 from the site he linked to. 

13 hours ago, 5x5 said:

Wtf is that meant to prove, your rumors are more reliable than anyone else's?

It just confirms my point that the OP should wait and see which is the best cpu "only for gaming" as he asked in the first place.

2 hours ago, Rancidpunk said:

Wtf is that meant to prove, your rumors are more reliable than anyone else's?

It just confirms my point that the OP should wait and see which is the best cpu "only for gaming" as he asked in the first place.

At least we can preemptively add a Noctua to the build.

Main Rig :

Ryzen 7 2700X | Powercolor Red Devil RX 580 8 GB | Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 | 16 GB TeamGroup Elite 2400MHz | Samsung 750 EVO 240 GB | HGST 7200 RPM 1 TB | Seasonic M12II EVO | CoolerMaster Q300L | Dell U2518D | Dell P2217H | 

Laptop :

Thinkpad X230 | i5 3320M | 8 GB DDR3 | V-Gen 128 GB SSD |

What monitor are you going to be gaming on ?