Ram for R5 3600X on B450 Motherboard

Sacob

Hey!

I'm going to upgrade my system to a R5 3600X and a Asus ROG Strix B450-F Gaming motherboard. I know a lot of you think that I should go MSI but I decided to go this way.

I also need to buy RAM and I'm thinking some HyperX Fury around 3400MHz (something like HyperX Fury DDR4 (Refresh) 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-3466MHz CL16) but I can't find those references in the compatibility documents. There are some that look like older models but not this one. Do you guys think it will be a problem? I can also go for some corsair vengeance lpx sticks but it's the same situation.

I want some low profile RAM so I can try to use the same cooling solution.

Thank you!

4 hours ago, Sacob said:

Hey!

I'm going to upgrade my system to a R5 3600X and a Asus ROG Strix B450-F Gaming motherboard. I know a lot of you think that I should go MSI but I decided to go this way.

I also need to buy RAM and I'm thinking some HyperX Fury around 3400MHz (something like HyperX Fury DDR4 (Refresh) 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-3466MHz CL16) but I can't find those references in the compatibility documents. There are some that look like older models but not this one. Do you guys think it will be a problem? I can also go for some corsair vengeance lpx sticks but it's the same situation.

I want some low profile RAM so I can try to use the same cooling solution.

Thank you!

You should go MSI, because that Asus board isn't very good. Also the 3600X makes no sense over the 3600 unless you can get it for the same price or very close.

What cooler do you have ?

my cooler is the Cryorig R1 Ultimate. and you're right about the cpu and I will save 40€ going 3600. about the board, i will go asus. it has an extra year of warrenty so it can't be that bad and I like the exta features