Intel vs AMD new processors for desktop gaming

Hi, I've been having trouble with deciding which new desktop cpu I should wait for. I've watched videos about people saying that switching to AMD's new processor this year for my new PC build. However, I use my desktop for gaming and school work (such as mathspace or education perfect) and I've been scourging the internet for answers and I can't seem to find any. So I call for your help, should I wait for Intel to release their latest processors or should I wait and then make the switch for AMD's new processors. 

1 minute ago, Grantly Buffalo said:

Hi, I've been having trouble with deciding which new desktop cpu I should wait for. I've watched videos about people saying that switching to AMD's new processor this year for my new PC build. However, I use my desktop for gaming and school work (such as mathspace or education perfect) and I've been scourging the internet for answers and I can't seem to find any. So I call for your help, should I wait for Intel to release their latest processors or should I wait and then make the switch for AMD's new processors. 

Go AMD, there's no way intel will beat AMD for now

5 minutes ago, Grantly Buffalo said:

If you're waiting - wait for Zen 3 in September. Else get Zen 2 now. Intel 10th gen is a rebrand of 8th gen mostly. It's the same Skylake-based design (again) and it's not worth the money

Are you sure, I like AMD, however, I got told that intel will come back since they defeated AMD once and that Intel will defeat them again

If you want the best PP-Ratio (Price to Performance), go with AMD and Ryzen.

If you have a huuuge budget and only care about pure perfromance, go with Intel.

1 minute ago, 5x5 said:

If you're waiting - wait for Zen 3 in September. Else get Zen 2 now. Intel 10th gen is a rebrand of 8th gen mostly. It's the same Skylake-based design (again) and it's not worth the money

Alright, quick question which zen 3 cpu should I get when their released? 

Rumours are that Intel next gen mobos will be announced later this week, which would only make sense if the CPUs were also. Those are still unremarkable and will most likely cost more than their AMD equivalent models.

I'm sure Intel will catch up and may past again, but not any time in the next year.

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

Are you sure, I like AMD, however, I got told that intel will come back since they defeated AMD once and that Intel will defeat them again

Unless the person who told you this has a crystal ball and is a proven psychic - ignore that gibberish. Intel are currently behind and solidlby behind. Their 10nm is broken, their security is busted and their 14nm is exhausted. The soonest they could even compete is late 2021

1 minute ago, thewill102 said:

If you want the best PP-Ratio (Price to Performance), go with AMD and Ryzen.

If you have a huuuge budget and only care about pure perfromance, go with Intel.

Okay, thanks for that tip 

Alright, quick question which zen 3 cpu should I get when their released? 

Ryzen 5 4600 or 4700X. Depending on prices and what you need.

5 minutes ago, Grantly Buffalo said:

Yeah no, the crystal ball is sick with coronavirus so there's no telling.

Either wait for next gen intel and AMD releases, or buy AMD now.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

3 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

His tip is a flat-out lie, though.

So instead have a few cherry picked benchmarks and the totally irrelevant for gaming Cinebench?

Too lazy to dig it up but at least show a gaming blend like Hardware Unboxed do.

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

These graphs are very helpful, thank you 

Have some more
AMD Ryzen 9 3900X and Ryzen 7 3700X Review - TechSpot
Ryzen 5 3600 vs. Ryzen 9 3900X vs. Core i9-9900K: GPU Scaling ...
AMD Ryzen 7 3700X & Ryzen 9 3900X review - Performance - dGPU ...
First gaming benchmarks leaked for AMD Ryzen 3900X, faster than i9 ...
Power Consumption & Overclocking - The AMD 3rd Gen Ryzen Deep Dive ...
None, go for AMD Ryzen 3900X as it is faster&safer: PC Talk Forum ...
Premiere Pro CPU Roundup: AMD Ryzen 3rd Gen, AMD Threadripper 2 ...

1 minute ago, porina said:

So instead have a few cherry picked benchmarks and the totally irrelevant for gaming Cinebench?

Too lazy to dig it up but at least show a gaming blend like Hardware Unboxed do.

I'm showing pudget and HU - as you can see above. Nothing is cherry picked. Literally digging them up as we speak

Certain games will favour Intel and others AMD - but in most cases, it's so close that it doesn't matter in gaming
4GHz CPU Battle: Ryzen 3900X vs. 3700X vs. Core i9-9900K - TechSpot
Ryzen 5 3600 vs. Ryzen 9 3900X vs. Core i9-9900K: GPU Scaling ...

Ryzen 9 3950X vs. Core i9-9900KS Gaming, Feat. Tuned DDR4 Memory ...