Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tell me why this is a bad part list

Zohan2000
 Share

tell me why this is a bad part list and what to change, ill explain my reasons to picking the parts below

 

reasons why i chose these parts,
upgrading my current 6 year old build to something better (current build https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/vjmNyk)
3700x seems to be the good middle ground for gaming and streaming
gigabyte x570 master, cause it can use an EK monoblock to cool the VRMs while doing the CPU and has 2 bios
gigabyte 3600Mhz RAM cause its gigabyte
NVME drive for the OS and whatever programs and games
case for the watercooling capability and looks
PSU for something good and efficient to power everything
7 case fans as i want to watercool the build in the future after upgrading the GPU and ive read that EK fans are good with their rads

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally, if there is still room in the budget, I would go with a better GPU, probably a 1080, maybe RTX if the budget allows. The rest looks fine to me (though I'm extremely experienced, but the GPU should definitely be better).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Vrms don't need cooling so the motherboard is a waste

The xl version of the lian li is pointless unless you're putting the gpu vertical 

Honestly if you're getting premium fans you should get the noctua industrial fans

Edit: vrms don't need watercooling

Edit2: the ram you should get  is https://pcpartpicker.com/product/vVVD4D/patriot-viper-steel-16-gb-2-x-8-gb-ddr4-4400-memory-pvs416g440c9k unless you really eat the rgb or hate overclocking

Quote me for a reply, React if I was helpful, informative, or funny

 

AMD blackout rig

 

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, NobodyOfNote said:

Personally, if there is still room in the budget, I would go with a better GPU, probably a 1080, maybe RTX if the budget allows. The rest looks fine to me (though I'm extremely experienced, but the GPU should definitely be better).

was gonna stick with the 980Ti for maybe another year or upgrade when the new GPUs get announced

 

1 hour ago, Gundar said:

Vrms don't need cooling so the motherboard is a waste

The xl version of the lian li is pointless unless you're putting the gpu vertical 

Honestly if you're getting premium fans you should get the noctua industrial fans

Edit: vrms don't need watercooling

Edit2: the ram you should get  is https://pcpartpicker.com/product/vVVD4D/patriot-viper-steel-16-gb-2-x-8-gb-ddr4-4400-memory-pvs416g440c9k unless you really eat the rgb or hate overclocking

not a really big fan for RGB since i wont be looking at it and isnt 4400Mhz a bit much?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Zohan2000 said:

tell me why this is a bad part list and what to change, ill explain my reasons to picking the parts below

 

reasons why i chose these parts,
upgrading my current 6 year old build to something better (current build https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/vjmNyk)
3700x seems to be the good middle ground for gaming and streaming
gigabyte x570 master, cause it can use an EK monoblock to cool the VRMs while doing the CPU and has 2 bios
gigabyte 3600Mhz RAM cause its gigabyte
NVME drive for the OS and whatever programs and games
case for the watercooling capability and looks
PSU for something good and efficient to power everything
7 case fans as i want to watercool the build in the future after upgrading the GPU and ive read that EK fans are good with their rads

You have a perfectly functional build for now. If I were you, I would hold off until September for Ryzen 4000. But, it's your choice.

Main Rig :

Ryzen 7 2700X | Powercolor Red Devil RX 580 8 GB | Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 | 16 GB TeamGroup Elite 2400MHz | Samsung 750 EVO 240 GB | HGST 7200 RPM 1 TB | Seasonic M12II EVO | CoolerMaster Q300L | Dell U2518D | Dell P2217H | 

 

Laptop :

Thinkpad X230 | i5 3320M | 8 GB DDR3 | V-Gen 128 GB SSD |

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Fatih19 said:

You have a perfectly functional build for now. If I were you, I would hold off until September for Ryzen 4000. But, it's your choice.

Semi functional build at the moment, been having crashing and freezing issues for the last month and a bit that I can't work out if it's software or hardware, so want an upgrade

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

I do find it odd that you are spending more on your MB than you are the CPU.

 

My suggested build is a little over what you spent, but it has updated a very old GPU as well as the CPU.

 

I mean, if it comes to it, try selling the 980 ti on Ebay, you might get some dollars for it to recoup to make up the extra this build would cost.

 

Changes:

 

CPU: upgrade to Ryzen 9 - future proofing;

MB: A board that does the job;

RAM: A known brand at a cheaper price;

GPU: 5700xt good balance of performance and cost;

CASE: Lian Li Dynamic - great looking case, loads of room for water cooling;

PSU: 750w is plenty

 

No additional fans, you can buy them later if necessary.

 

Overall, I would say a big boost to performance for a small additional cost.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Dravinian said:

I do find it odd that you are spending more on your MB than you are the CPU.

 

My suggested build is a little over what you spent, but it has updated a very old GPU as well as the CPU.

 

I mean, if it comes to it, try selling the 980 ti on Ebay, you might get some dollars for it to recoup to make up the extra this build would cost.

 

Changes:

 

CPU: upgrade to Ryzen 9 - future proofing;

MB: A board that does the job;

RAM: A known brand at a cheaper price;

GPU: 5700xt good balance of performance and cost;

CASE: Lian Li Dynamic - great looking case, loads of room for water cooling;

PSU: 750w is plenty

 

No additional fans, you can buy them later if necessary.

 

Overall, I would say a big boost to performance for a small additional cost.

 

was thinking of switching down to the ultra mobo from gigabyte as i would like the build to look pretty good and personally think the o11XL would be better for that rear fan spot since in the normal o11D just has that weird lil grill that doesnt seem like it can be used, the GPU i currently own and besides having to use the nzxt g12 and corsair h55 to cool it, it does seem to work pretty well still for the moment and was gonna wait till nvidia announced the next gen GPUs to maybe upgrade it from that, the PSU for the efficiency mainly and am gonna switch it to a seasonic 650watt instead, was gonna have something higher for OCing and for a new GPU in the future but not sure if ill need the 850watt, so far ive changed to this

 

https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/NjTZPn

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

if anyone here can offer more advice that would be awesome, kinda feel like 650watts is a bit low for OCing and a new GPU, do plan on water cooling the build in the future

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Zohan2000 said:

tell me why this is a bad part list and what to change, ill explain my reasons to picking the parts below

 

reasons why i chose these parts,
upgrading my current 6 year old build to something better (current build https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/vjmNyk)
3700x seems to be the good middle ground for gaming and streaming
gigabyte x570 master, cause it can use an EK monoblock to cool the VRMs while doing the CPU and has 2 bios
gigabyte 3600Mhz RAM cause its gigabyte
NVME drive for the OS and whatever programs and games
case for the watercooling capability and looks
PSU for something good and efficient to power everything
7 case fans as i want to watercool the build in the future after upgrading the GPU and ive read that EK fans are good with their rads

1.overpriced ssd

2. Overpriced ssd

3. Overpriced ssd

4. Overpriced psu

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Fatih19 said:

You have a perfectly functional build for now. If I were you, I would hold off until September for Ryzen 4000. But, it's your choice.

You would hold off for 30 series NVIDIA GPUs, right?

please quote me or tag me @wall03 so i can see your response

motherboard buying guide      psu buying guide      pc building guide     privacy guide

ltt meme thread

folding at home stats

pc:

Spoiler

laptop: macbook air 13.3”

Spoiler

            RAM: 4GB 1333MHz

            CPU: Intel Core i5 2557M

            SSD: 128GB

            OS: Ubuntu 20.04

            Status: Retired PC

desktop: operation badger

Spoiler

            RAM: 16GB DDR4-3200 CL-16

            CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.6GHz

            SSD: 256GB

            GPU: Radeon RX 570 8GB OC

            OS: Windows 10

            Status: Main PC

            Cinebench R23 score: 9097 (multi) 1236 (single)

            Temps: CPU idle 45C, load 78C, top 85C. GPU idle 50C, load ~77C.

 

 

don't some things look better when they are lowercase?

-wall03

 

hello dark mode users

goodbye light mode users

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, wall03 said:

You would hold off for 30 series NVIDIA GPUs, right?

I personally have no intention of buying Nvidia because I use Linux but I would advise OP to do so, yes.

Main Rig :

Ryzen 7 2700X | Powercolor Red Devil RX 580 8 GB | Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 | 16 GB TeamGroup Elite 2400MHz | Samsung 750 EVO 240 GB | HGST 7200 RPM 1 TB | Seasonic M12II EVO | CoolerMaster Q300L | Dell U2518D | Dell P2217H | 

 

Laptop :

Thinkpad X230 | i5 3320M | 8 GB DDR3 | V-Gen 128 GB SSD |

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, YT_DomDaBomb20 said:

1.overpriced ssd

2. Overpriced ssd

3. Overpriced ssd

4. Overpriced psu

you know its in AUD right? and ive added a new parts list in the thread

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Fatih19 said:

I personally have no intention of buying Nvidia because I use Linux but I would advise OP to do so, yes.

OK. thanks for letting me know. It's just me going: "Oh! September? That means that the 30-series are out!". My bad :(

please quote me or tag me @wall03 so i can see your response

motherboard buying guide      psu buying guide      pc building guide     privacy guide

ltt meme thread

folding at home stats

pc:

Spoiler

laptop: macbook air 13.3”

Spoiler

            RAM: 4GB 1333MHz

            CPU: Intel Core i5 2557M

            SSD: 128GB

            OS: Ubuntu 20.04

            Status: Retired PC

desktop: operation badger

Spoiler

            RAM: 16GB DDR4-3200 CL-16

            CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.6GHz

            SSD: 256GB

            GPU: Radeon RX 570 8GB OC

            OS: Windows 10

            Status: Main PC

            Cinebench R23 score: 9097 (multi) 1236 (single)

            Temps: CPU idle 45C, load 78C, top 85C. GPU idle 50C, load ~77C.

 

 

don't some things look better when they are lowercase?

-wall03

 

hello dark mode users

goodbye light mode users

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Zohan2000 said:

you know its in AUD right? and ive added a new parts list in the thread

Still Samsung ssd is overpriced your paying price of nvme for sata, but anyway you already bought it

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, YT_DomDaBomb20 said:

Still Samsung ssd is overpriced your paying price of nvme for sata, but anyway you already bought it

the sata SSDs and HDDs is what ive currently got in my system, had them over 6 years now thats why its listed as purchased

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Zohan2000 said:

the sata SSDs and HDDs is what ive currently got in my system, had them over 6 years now thats why its listed as purchased

I know that’s why I said you already bought it

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

just my opinion but the case looks a bit overpriced for the look. Unless it has special value and is a one-of-a-kind I would allocate more money for a better GPU.

please quote me or tag me @wall03 so i can see your response

motherboard buying guide      psu buying guide      pc building guide     privacy guide

ltt meme thread

folding at home stats

pc:

Spoiler

laptop: macbook air 13.3”

Spoiler

            RAM: 4GB 1333MHz

            CPU: Intel Core i5 2557M

            SSD: 128GB

            OS: Ubuntu 20.04

            Status: Retired PC

desktop: operation badger

Spoiler

            RAM: 16GB DDR4-3200 CL-16

            CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.6GHz

            SSD: 256GB

            GPU: Radeon RX 570 8GB OC

            OS: Windows 10

            Status: Main PC

            Cinebench R23 score: 9097 (multi) 1236 (single)

            Temps: CPU idle 45C, load 78C, top 85C. GPU idle 50C, load ~77C.

 

 

don't some things look better when they are lowercase?

-wall03

 

hello dark mode users

goodbye light mode users

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, wall03 said:

just my opinion but the case looks a bit overpriced for the look. Unless it has special value and is a one-of-a-kind I would allocate more money for a better GPU.

The case is different to most standard cases nowadays, suited for watercooling which is something I want to do in the future

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Zohan2000 said:

The case is different to most standard cases nowadays, suited for watercooling which is something I want to do in the future

ok thanks for letting me know. Also after posting converted to USD from AUD and looked more reasonable ($250). Just looked like another overpriced product.

please quote me or tag me @wall03 so i can see your response

motherboard buying guide      psu buying guide      pc building guide     privacy guide

ltt meme thread

folding at home stats

pc:

Spoiler

laptop: macbook air 13.3”

Spoiler

            RAM: 4GB 1333MHz

            CPU: Intel Core i5 2557M

            SSD: 128GB

            OS: Ubuntu 20.04

            Status: Retired PC

desktop: operation badger

Spoiler

            RAM: 16GB DDR4-3200 CL-16

            CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.6GHz

            SSD: 256GB

            GPU: Radeon RX 570 8GB OC

            OS: Windows 10

            Status: Main PC

            Cinebench R23 score: 9097 (multi) 1236 (single)

            Temps: CPU idle 45C, load 78C, top 85C. GPU idle 50C, load ~77C.

 

 

don't some things look better when they are lowercase?

-wall03

 

hello dark mode users

goodbye light mode users

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

i cant seem to make my mind up on what to do lol, i could go to the 3900x with the gigabyte ram and aorus master x570 motherboard which would use up all of the money i currently have or i could use the 3700x with the corsair ram and aorus ultra x570 motherboard and have over $500 left which i could save up to upgrade the GPU within a few months

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Zohan2000 said:

i cant seem to make my mind up on what to do lol, i could go to the 3900x with the gigabyte ram and aorus master x570 motherboard which would use up all of the money i currently have or i could use the 3700x with the corsair ram and aorus ultra x570 motherboard and have over $500 left which i could save up to upgrade the GPU within a few months

🤔 The only issue I have with your list is that HDD. If you insist on getting one, it might as well be an external drive. It serves no purposes for you whatsoever otherwise. With an external HDD, you can back everything up as a system image file, and anything else you might want backed up afterwards. If your computer gets infected with malware that can worm its way through all of your storage devices, that internal HDD will be just as easy a target as your SSD's will. If you keep an external drive disconnected though, you can bring your computer right back to where it was before it was compromised. 

System Specs

  • CPU
    AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte AMD X570 Auros Master
  • RAM
    G.Skill Ripjaws 32 GBs
  • GPU
    Red Devil RX 5700XT
  • Case
    Corsair 570X
  • Storage
    Samsung SSD 860 QVO 2TB - HDD Seagate B arracuda 1TB - External Seagate HDD 8TB
  • PSU
    G.Skill RipJaws 1250 Watts
  • Keyboard
    Corsair Gaming Keyboard K55
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Operating System
    Windows 10
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, BlackManINC said:

🤔 The only issue I have with your list is that HDD. If you insist on getting one, it might as well be an external drive. It serves no purposes for you whatsoever otherwise. With an external HDD, you can back everything up as a system image file, and anything else you might want backed up afterwards. If your computer gets infected with malware that can worm its way through all of your storage devices, that internal HDD will be just as easy a target as your SSD's will. If you keep an external drive disconnected though, you can bring your computer right back to where it was before it was compromised. 

The items that are listed as purchased is what I've currently got in my system, I'm not buying them

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Zohan2000 said:

The items that are listed as purchased is what I've currently got in my system, I'm not buying them

🤔 Ah I see, well, an external HDD would just about make the list perfect. Its always good to have a backup plan. 

System Specs

  • CPU
    AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte AMD X570 Auros Master
  • RAM
    G.Skill Ripjaws 32 GBs
  • GPU
    Red Devil RX 5700XT
  • Case
    Corsair 570X
  • Storage
    Samsung SSD 860 QVO 2TB - HDD Seagate B arracuda 1TB - External Seagate HDD 8TB
  • PSU
    G.Skill RipJaws 1250 Watts
  • Keyboard
    Corsair Gaming Keyboard K55
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Operating System
    Windows 10
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

after making a similar build for intel, intel is cheaper then amd lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×