B450 Tomahawk Max Not Posting. BOOT Led debug light On, No Display

Aerofils

Hi Guys

My build:
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/vb74mg

I finished building the computer at 9am today and since then everytime I hit the start button, it ends the same way: The Boot Led debug light is on and I get no display/access to BIOS.

I have:
1. Flashed The Bios to latest update
2. Tried every possible combination of plugging/unplugging every single cable about a million times (so please do not suggest it...I'm really about to lose it here)
3. Tried two different USB keys with the windows installation software, didn't help

I'm really losing hope. What do I do here?
Thanks,

15 minutes ago, Aerofils said:

What do I do here?

take a photo of the system with the side panel off, we might notice something.

Is this your first PC build?

Explain in detail how you flashed the bios.

Has the pc ever displayed anything?

(reply using a quote)

I don't know what could have caused that. Have you tried clearing the CMOS, it vould help sometimes with POST issues. You just need to short the two pins under JFPA2 i think. Update us on how that goes.

Just now, TrigrH said:

take a photo of the system with the side panel off, we might notice something.

Is this your first PC build?

Explain in detail how you flashed the bios.

Has the pc ever displayed anything?

(reply using a quote)

Hey Man.

Yes it is my first build.

I flashed doing exactly what they do in this video:

Unplugged Everything from the mobo, let it do its thing until the light stopped flashing.

Here's a couple pics and a movie:

https://imgur.com/a/3SkWteh

Just now, databreach said:

I don't know what could have caused that. Have you tried clearing the CMOS, it vould help sometimes with POST issues. You just need to short the two pins under JFPA2 i think. Update us on how that goes.

How do I short the pins? (what does short even mean...lol) 

Use a jump cap or a screwdriver to short JBAT1 for 5-10 seconds; Stop shorting JBAT1; Plug the power back and it should work properly.

7 minutes ago, databreach said:

Use a jump cap or a screwdriver to short JBAT1 for 5-10 seconds; Stop shorting JBAT1; Plug the power back and it should work properly.

8 minutes ago, kyn1972 said:

This worked guys!! I'm in the BIOS now :) :) :)

Thank you so much, I really appreciate the help

Just now, Aerofils said:

This worked guys!! I'm in the BIOS now :) :) :)

Thank you so much, I really appreciate the help

Glad to see that this help. It's generally a common issue with new builds. Enjoy gaming on this rig.

1 hour ago, databreach said:

Glad to see that this help. It's generally a common issue with new builds. Enjoy gaming on this rig.

Man I hate to bother you again. I went all the way to windows installation, installed it just fine, then unplugged everything and moved my pc to its final resting spot. Replugged everything and now it's back to not sending anything to the display. I tried shorting again but it didn't do anything, any ideas?

30 minutes ago, Aerofils said:

Man I hate to bother you again. I went all the way to windows installation, installed it just fine, then unplugged everything and moved my pc to its final resting spot. Replugged everything and now it's back to not sending anything to the display. I tried shorting again but it didn't do anything, any ideas?

So no power at all?

I assume you did recheck all the power cords and connections to make sure nothing became loose when you moved it?

26 minutes ago, kyn1972 said:

So no power at all?

I assume you did recheck all the power cords and connections to make sure nothing became loose when you moved it?

Everything lights on and the fans turn, but nothing going to display

1 hour ago, Aerofils said:

Everything lights on and the fans turn, but nothing going to display

Double check the connection to the monitor and make sure it is seated correctly at both ends then as if its even a little loose you will not get signal.

You also may need to unplug and replug the monitor as I have had a similar issue with my monitor where I thought I had the DisplayPort properly seated but it turned in not to be in all the way.

11 hours ago, Aerofils said:

I went to sleep right after the message because im in the other side of the world... Anyway, no display could mean two things:

• Your display port or HDMI or whatever you are using to connect to your monitor could be loose or not plugged in correctly as kyn1972 stated
  • You PSU cables (especially the one connecting to the gpu could have been affected by moving it and could need a little push to connect it all the way to the PSU. (I've had instances where the 24-Pin one connected to the motherboard became loose and the pc didn't work at all besides the fans).

So check those two things and keep us updated ;)

3 hours ago, databreach said:

I went to sleep right after the message because im in the other side of the world... Anyway, no display could mean two things:

• Your display port or HDMI or whatever you are using to connect to your monitor could be loose or not plugged in correctly as kyn1972 stated
  • You PSU cables (especially the one connecting to the gpu could have been affected by moving it and could need a little push to connect it all the way to the PSU. (I've had instances where the 24-Pin one connected to the motherboard became loose and the pc didn't work at all besides the fans).

No luck at all unfortunately. I deplugged/replugged everything a couple times, tried HDMI + DP

This time it is booting all the way, there are no ezdebug lights on at all. Just no display :/

Should I be re-shorting the two pins?

4 hours ago, databreach said:

Nevermind 😃 I played with the cables some more and it ended up working! It starts and restarts fine now. Thanks again for all the help friend ❤️