NVME - Heatsink Yes or No?

Fluxfure

Doing an Upgrade/Refresh of my PC.

New CPU, Motherboard, RAM and Storage. (Same Case, PS, Cooler, GPU, etc.)

AMD 3600
TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI)
Ballistix 16gb 3600
Samsung 250Gb 970 Evo Plus (OS Drive)
WD 1Tb SN750 (without WD Heatsink)(Games Drive)

My Question is which M.2 Slots should I use for Each Drive?

The Top M.2 is just above the Main PCI-E Slot and is just open Air.

The Bottom M.2 Has a Provided "Heat Sink" Cover with Thermal Tap preinstalled.

Does it make any Difference Which Slot is use?

Thoughts on future accessibility of drives.

And if the Provided Heatsink is used which drive would benefit if at all from it?

They both would benefit from a heat sink. Though the 250GB I would think would be in less use compared to the 1TB so maybe 1TB gets cooling. 

Be sure to @Pickles von Brine if you want me to see your reply!

Stopping by to praise the all mighty jar Lord pickles... * drinks from a chalice of holy pickle juice and tossed dill over shoulder* ~ @WarDance
3600x | NH-D15 Chromax Black | 32GB 3200MHz | ASUS KO RTX 3070 UnderVolted and UnderClocked | Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X570S | Seasonic X760w | Phanteks Evolv X | 500GB WD_Black SN750 x2 | Sandisk Skyhawk 3.84TB SSD 

I placed my drives based on the order they appeared in the BIOS (and therefore I assume the order they appear on the BUS)

If you're interested in a product please download and read the manual first.

Don't forget to tag or quote in your reply if you want me to know you've answered or have another question.

My Samsung 970 will push above 80°c if it doesn't have direct airflow, so make sure you have that first. 

I've tried it with & without a heatsink, airflow & ambient cooling, and airflow made the biggest difference. I'm actually using a Cryorig C1 down-firing CPU cooler on a Gigabyte B450 to make sure it has air. 

On X570 the primary M.2 socket uses CPU lanes while the rest go over the chipset. Generally you want your OS drive in that socket. I have both heatsinked and non-heatsinked SN750s (at 1TB) and neither hit high enough temperatures to throttle. The 970 EVO Plus will probably be okay in that position, but if it throttles you can come up with a solution.