Difference between Seasonic Focus GX and Focus Plus Gold?

Eric10543

I am confused as to what the difference is between the Seasonic Focus GX and Focus Plus Gold. I am considering the GX but it is out of stock and the Focus Plus isn't. On the PSU Tier list, the Focus Plus Gold is listed as A- with some GPU shutdown issues. I am nervous because I am trying to replace my PSU for a more reliable unit as I suspect my current PSU is not able to feed my power-hungry GPU. Would this affect me (RX 5700 XT)? Also, on Seasonic's website, their comparison features doesn't list ANY difference between the two. I am suspicious because the Focus Plus is around 20$ cheaper.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2 hours ago, Eric10543 said:

Seasonic's website, their comparison features doesn't list ANY difference between the two

Focus plus is the old version. Which has some flaws. 

Focus GX fixes those. 

Not that odd they dont list any differences as they are otherwise more or less identical.

2 hours ago, Eric10543 said:

Would this affect me (RX 5700 XT)?

There have been report of transient response shutdowns, but they fixed version of the focus plus should be fine. 

Id look if there are other options first tho. 

45 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

Focus plus is the old version. Which has some flaws. 

Focus GX fixes those. 

Not that odd they dont list any differences as they are otherwise more or less identical.

There have been report of transient response shutdowns, but they fixed version of the focus plus should be fine. 

Id look if there are other options first tho. 

Ok thanks!