Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Pc shuts down unexpectedly when gaming

Hello! My pc just turns off when playing CS:GO and Krunker.io . It doesn't turn back on until I turn off the power supply and wait for the rgb on my motherboard to shut down. It doesn't freeze or anything just a weird noise and then nothing...

The pc isn't overheating.

Idk if specs will help but I have these:
CPU R5 3600

GPU: 1080 TI

PSU: Seasonic 650W Prime gold

Mobo: ASUS x470-I

Conventional wisdom is shutdowns after the computer boots is often memory problems.  Not always.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Is there some way to check the ram?

12 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Conventional wisdom is shutdowns after the computer boots is often memory problems.  Not always.

Just now, Erbu said:

Is there some way to check the ram?

There’s memtest which is low effort but not supremely reliable.  If memtest says there is a problem there is a problem.  If it doesn’t say there is a problem there may still be a problem and the old school method of checking single sticks of ram becomes required.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

4 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

There’s memtest which is low effort but not supremely reliable.  If memtest says there is a problem there is a problem.  If it doesn’t say there is a problem there may still be a problem and the old school method of checking single sticks of ram becomes required.

I will try it when I get home and will update you if it worked or not

23 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

I don't have a usb stick on hand so I stressed the ram with AIDA64 for 10 minutes and nothing happened

23 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

CA751A96-10E9-4BE0-93F2-C4095B1EF230.jpeg