Windows 7 to Windows 10 - Retails

Neo-Matrix

Hi I know probably most of you heard this question a lot of time, just bear with me for a second so happens that I run a command prmpt with "Slmgr –dli", it says my Windows 10 is a Retail version so below is a questions:-

1. Does this means i can install into a new Motherboard setup without any needs to purchase a new windows key? (did some research before I post, it seems that the requirement is so long that no two PC detected using the same retail keys, it shall be fine)

2. Now that I recall, because my PC is a bit age-d (6yrs old), I was purchasing a genuine Windows 7 Ultimate (retail), about 6 years ago, been thru the promotions where Microsoft offers free upgrade to Windows 8 and now it is Windows 10. Want to ask if the answer to my Question No. 1 is "yes" then I install a new windows on a new setup @ Windows 10 boot from a pendrive form the first run?

3. Again if "Yes" to the Question No. 1 is there any (numbers, like 1 time, 2 times, 3 times.... etc) limit of installing the product key into new motherboards? Well a serious upgrade always happens every 7~8 years times, just want to be sure if I am able to save the money XD

I think it will work. But first, I would suggest deactivating your current Windows 10 machine by running slmgr.vbs /upk and slmgr.vbs /cpky.

Wait about 24h, and try to activate the new machine. You might have luck and it could work just fine.

Athlon X2 for only 27.31$   Best part lists at different price points   Windows 1.01 running natively on an Eee PC

My rig:

Spoiler

Celeronator (new main rig)

CPU: Intel Celeron (duh) N2840 2.16GHz Dual Core

RAM: 4GB DDR3 1333MHz

HDD: Seagate 500GB

GPU: Intel HD Graphics 3000 Series

Spoiler

Frankenhertz (ex main rig)

CPU: Intel Atom N2600 1.6GHz Dual Core

RAM: 1GB DDR3-800

HDD: HGST 320GB

GPU: Intel Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA) 3600

1 hour ago, Djole123 said:

I think it will work. But first, I would suggest deactivating your current Windows 10 machine by running slmgr.vbs /upk and slmgr.vbs /cpky.

Wait about 24h, and try to activate the new machine. You might have luck and it could work just fine.

I see, did not aware I can deactivate it, thanks for the infos, no harm trying it right?