Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Can a pc expert tell me if this is good

As an expert -- I can tell you that list is empty.  

AMD Ryzen 3900X  |  Fractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 3600CL15 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-16-14-14-34  |  EVGA 1070 Ti SC GAMING ACX 3.0 Black w/NZXT Kraken G12 Cooler  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

Just now, ACapella said:

Your list is clear, maybe take a screenshot or try to fix your link?

Awww, man . . . you wasted your first post on that?  Well welcome anyway.  

AMD Ryzen 3900X  |  Fractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 3600CL15 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-16-14-14-34  |  EVGA 1070 Ti SC GAMING ACX 3.0 Black w/NZXT Kraken G12 Cooler  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

Awww man I was all ready to put my expert gloves on....

AMD Motherboard Tier List  GPU Cooling Tier List  PSU Tier List  A Dive Into Custom Keyboards & Mechanical Switches

NEWCOMERS Remember to ' Reply ' to comments in order for people to see them, this is done by clicking the arrow icon at the bottom of a comment (Quote).

My Builds:

MEGA Desk Build

Blueberry Pi  R9 3900XT  Asus X470 ROG Crosshair VII Hero Wi-Fi ATX  Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 4x16GB 3200MHz CL16  EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC Black Edition 11GB  EVGA 850W P2 W/ Blue Sleeved Cables  Cryorig R1 Universal (Blue)  Corsair ML Pro Blue LED Fans  Fractal Design Meshify C TG ATX Mid Tower  

Asus ROG SWIFT PG348Q 100Hz IPS G-Sync UW  Dell UltraSharp U3419W 60Hz IPS UW  Custom TOFU96  Corsair Scimitar Pro RGB 

J.A.R.V.I.S.  R7 3800X  Asus B550-I ROG STRIX Wi-Fi ITX  G.Skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16  EVGA GTX 1080 SC2 iCX 8GB  Corsair SF 750W Platinum  Corsair H100i Pro AIO  Noctua NF-A12x15 Chromax Fans  FormD T1 SFF ITX Case  

LG 75UM8070PUA 4K UHD 120Hz IPS HDR TV  Corsair K63 Cherry MX Red Special Edition Wireless  Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless

2 Go  R3 2200G  Asus B450-I ROG STRIX Wi-Fi ITX  Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 2x8GB 3200MHz CL16 White  Vega Integrated Graphics  Seasonic Flex ATX 350W  Noctua NH-L9a  Geeek A30 V2 SFF ITX Case

Gaming PC  i7 6700k  Asus Z270-G Gaming Wi-Fi mATX  Corsair Vengeance LPX (White) 2x8GB 3200MHz CL16  Asus RX5700 Dual Evo OC 8GB  Corsair TXm 550W W/ White Sleeved Cables  Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML120L RGB AIO  DeepCool RF120 RGB Fans  Thermaltake Versa H18 TG mATX Case  

ViewSonic Elite XG240R 1ms 144Hz TN FreeSync  Logitech G610 Cherry MX Brown  UtechSmart Venus MMO w/ Omron Switches

SFF ITX Home PC  i5-7500  MSI B250I Gaming Pro Wi-Fi AC ITX  G.Skill Ripjaws V 2x8GB 2800MHz  Intel Integrated Graphics  Seasonic SSP Flex ATX 300W PSU  Cryorig C7  Velka 3 rev 1.2 SFF ITX Case (Grey) 

Laptop  Dell XPS13 2-in-1 7390 (2020)  i7-1065G7  32GB 3733MHz LPDDR4x  Intel Integrated Graphics  1TB NVME M.2  UHD+ (3840 x 2400) InfinityEdge Touch Display 

Keyboard Collection  GMMK Full Size Hot Swap-able  TOFU96 90%  XD84 Pro 75%  Keycool KC84 75% Wireless RGB Hot Swap-able  KBD67v2 MKII 65% Hot Swap-able  KBD67 Lite 65% Hot Swap-able  OLKB Preonic V3 Ortholinear  Drop Carina 60% RGB Hot Swap-able  Southpaw75 60% W/ Left Numpad  Cospad XD24 Numpad

Mechanical Key Switch Collection  Zealios V2 65g  Zilents V2 67g  C³ Kiwi ‖ C³ Tangerine  Invyr Holy Panda  Kailh Box Thick Jades ‖ Kailh Box Royal ‖ Kailh Box Heavy Dark Yellow ‖ Kailh Box Heavy Burnt Orange  Kailh Box White  Kailh Box Red  Kailh Pro Purple  Kailh Pro Burgandy  Gateron Yellow  Gateron Black  Gateron Brown  Gateron Green  Gateron Blue ‖ Cherry MX Black ‖ Cherry MX Brown ‖ Cherry MX Red

Key Cap Collection  Star Wars GMK Boba Fett  GMK Red Samurai  GMK Laser CyberDeck  MaxKey B&W SA ‖ Matt3o MT3 /dev/tty  Drop Skylight Horizon ‖ Glorious Black Aura

5 minutes ago, nick name said:

Awww, man . . . you wasted your first post on that?  Well welcome anyway.  

Hahahaha, yes I did. First thing I saw so why not, but thank you!

21 minutes ago, TheDailyProcrastinator said:

Awww man I was all ready to put my expert gloves on....

Lacking expert gloves I make due with tighty whiteys.  They fit poorly.   There’s a recent LTT video on this subject though he uses parts that may be more powerful than what you want to use.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

I’m just wondering if this is a good build and if any pc building experts had some changes to make in the build

It will work.  It may be possible to use some cheaper components without losing performance.

in particular the cpu cooler is more than is necessary, and not much will be gained from the x570 motherboard.  

the 3700x cpu runs 65-83w without overclocking.  The issue is while overclocking is  possible, it is close to useless on the 3700x, so the cooler that comes free with the cpu is generally considered  usable.  If something quieter or longer lasting is needed a more than adequate aftermarket cooler can be had for less than $40.  Something in the 120-150 watt range is going to be more than you need.  The cooler you have picked is in the 200-300w range. 

If x570 is insisted on the low end of x570 doesn’t have a great reputation in general.  There is an MSI tomahawk for only slightly more that does, but a high end b450 board will have more features and identical performance for near half the money or less.  It won’t have pcie 4.0, but none of your components are Pcie 4.0.  X570 could be useful if you need to upgrade the cpu, which could extend the life of the motherboard, but it’s a large outlay for a return that only might be helpful.

there may or may not be similar issues with the PSU, but I am not familiar.  I suggest consulting the PSU tierlist in the PSU section of this forum. 

The case is similar.  I don’t know.  One thing to think about is the CPU is going to produce less than a third of the heat (and therefore noise) this machine makes.  Most of it is going to be coming from the GPU.  One argument might possibly be to keep the AIO but attach it to the gpu instead of the cpu.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

a 3700x does not need a 200 dollar water cooler

also air cooling is better

pc specs:

Spoiler

i5 4590

16gb ddr3 1600mhz

optiplex 9020mt motherboard

256gb ssd, 2tb hdd

xfx rx 570 8gb

optiplex 9020mt case

thermaltake 500w smart

optiplex gaming pcs > flashy gaming pcs 

4 minutes ago, m0oble said:

a 3700x does not need a 200 dollar water cooler

also air cooling is better

It’s situational.  Air cooling has advantages and disadvantages like water cooling.   For this particular situation where the cooling needed is quite limited, the case is large, and the machine won’t move much?  Probably air.

Ok if you have any smaller cases that are portable and are easy for a new pc builder to build in or any ideas on a specific part to replace one that would be great.  Thank you for the help so far

And I went with that motherboard in order to have WiFi because that is what I’ll use most of the time but if you have a better one with wifi I would be fine with switching it

48 minutes ago, Bob22 said:

Ok if you have any smaller cases that are portable and are easy for a new pc builder to build in or any ideas on a specific part to replace one that would be great.  Thank you for the help so far

And I went with that motherboard in order to have WiFi because that is what I’ll use most of the time but if you have a better one with wifi I would be fine with switching it

A lot of boards with or without wifi have a specific very short nvme WiFi card specific slot.  The question is if the slot is populated or not (making a WiFi board) and what that slot is populated with.  I don’t remember if the tomahawk has one of those slots or not.  If it does it’s a vertical one near a corner I think. My memory is vague.  If so all it would take to make a tomahawk a “WiFi” board would be to populate the slot.  It would raise the cost of the board by the cost of the nvme card but it produces the advantage of getting to pick which card to use.

So a card like the 

Gigabyte GC-Wbax200 2x2 802.11Ax Dual Band WiFi + Bluetooth 5 PCIe Expansion Card