What do TDC and EDC mean in Ryzen Master?

Just now, awesomecdudley said:

I do OC through RMU and was wondering what TDC and EDC do. Thanks.

Peak and sustained current limits for driving the processor.  Increases the limits for amperage to drive the processor for boosted and sustained loads.

Ok. If I remeber correctly, TDC is 60 and EDC is 90. I'm on a Ryzen 7 2700 at 3400-4000 Mhz OC.

That seems...low to me.  I do manual overclocking but before I switched I had my settings in BIOS set to "Motherboard Limits" for EDC/TDC in PBO, which maxed out Ryzen Master at 114/168.  But the VRMs and power delivery on my motherboard is really good.  Maybe a motherboard limitation?

I have an ASUS Prime B450-Plus. I do CPU and RAM overlcoking and it seems good. The CPU went all the way to 230 watts (mistake) and it was fine.

I have an MSI B450M Pro VDH Max, and my system just hard restarts when using PBO or overclocking too high. I'm fairly certain it's a VRM problem, as there is no actual error report in the Windows event viewer, or a bluescreen crash dump. I also have a 240 AIO cooling the CPU so it shouldn't be thermals either. I am stuck running mine at stock because of it.

13 minutes ago, awesomecdudley said:

TDC and EDC

• Thermal Design Current
    • Long Term Power Cap
  • Electrical Design Current
    • Short Term Transient Cap

PBO is an extension to these limits based on the specific motherboard (or your own programmed) limits.

AMD has some default minimum values based on processor TDP.

Main: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti, 16 GB 4400 MHz DDR4 Fedora 38 x86_64

Secondary: AMD Ryzen 5 5600G, 16 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Fedora 38 x86_64

Server: AMD Athlon PRO 3125GE, 32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 ECC, TrueNAS Core 13.0-U5.1

Home Laptop: Intel Core i5-L16G7, 8 GB 4267 MHz LPDDR4x, Windows 11 Home 22H2 x86_64

Work Laptop: Intel Core i7-10510U, NVIDIA Quadro P520, 8 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Windows 10 Pro 22H2 x86_64

• 1 month later...
On 4/25/2020 at 4:51 PM, terminalinfinity said:

That seems...low to me.  I do manual overclocking but before I switched I had my settings in BIOS set to "Motherboard Limits" for EDC/TDC in PBO, which maxed out Ryzen Master at 114/168.  But the VRMs and power delivery on my motherboard is really good.  Maybe a motherboard limitation?

I bet it's a setting I need to change, like DIGI+ VRM control or something