Screen issues, not sure what is causing it

ChrisZH

So since my new build where I update everything except my gpu I am getting this weird screen flicker. Sometimes it flickers and a line shows up on either the right or the left side of the screen. I have had a black screen issue where my pc locks up randomly as well. Not sure what is going on but I have tried doing factory resets on my gpu drivers. I have a Radeon vii, I think I will try a ddu and install the 20.2.2 driver that if I remember correctly did not have this issue. I got a new monitor as well so I am not sure if this is the monitor doing this, or my gpu, or my mobo or CPU. I don't really have any idea how I can test and debug to figure out what is going on. I might just have to bear with it until I will buy a rtx 2080 to watercool that. I have a Asus rog strix gaming-e, ryzen 3800x, m.2 drives for os and specific games and then a 2tb drive for mass storage. I have a 144hz freesync panel 1440p. I was also thinking of updating my displayport cable and getting a higher quality one. Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

Can you make a short video of the issue. That would be helpful for us.

Cleaning the drivers is likely a good idea. A bad display cable can cause a lot of issues as well.

Have you tried with the old monitor as well?

5 hours ago, Applefreak said:

Can you make a short video of the issue. That would be helpful for us.

Cleaning the drivers is likely a good idea. A bad display cable can cause a lot of issues as well.

Have you tried with the old monitor as well?

I wish I could make a video but it happens when you don't expect it to. I could probably do a screen capture for an entire day but idk if it would pick it up. I'm gonna ddu and install windows certified 20.2.2 driver today. Also going to pick up a better DP cable (one I'm using ive had for 4 years). I was thinking of trying with old monitor or maybe switching to my HDMI cable. Could it be something like my older DP cable does not support 1.4?

Try putting the GPU in the old system, see what happens. Try hooking up the old monitor to the new system and see if the problem persists  

i9 9900K/GSkill Trident RGB 4x8GB 3000Mhz/Asus Maximus X Hero/EVGA RTX2080TI XC ULTRA/Samsung 950pro+970pro nVME M.2 512gb/2x2tb ADATA ssd/3tb HDD/Corsair Obsidian 1000D/ EVGA SUPERNOVA T2 1600W/10xCorsair LL120/Alienware 34" 2k 120hz/LG 27" 4k 60hz/HyperX Alloy Elite RGB/Hyper X Pulsefire Surge RGB/SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless/Logitech c920.