Replace RGB fan connectors?

Musicfan266

Hey everyone, first post here but had a quick question. I am new to this RGB scene and need some advice. 

First the details: I have bought the DeepCool Matrexx 50 with the included 4 addressable RGB fans included. I also have the MSI X470 Gaming Plus motherboard. I have the DeepCool RGB Convertor, to connect the RGB convertor to my motherboard. However, the Mystic Light by MSI is horrible, and my Razer keyboard and mouse have much more control over the lighting using Chroma. 

Now for the question: I am looking to replace the Zalman Z SYNC RGB Controller, but looks like the connectors for the RGB on the fans are not the same connectors for the controller. I have looked all over for a schematic on the wires for the fans to replace the connectors with 3 or 4 pin connectors. However, I am not sure which wire should go where and/or if there is a better way to do this. I would like to have the fans and keyboard/mouse be controlled using Chroma rather that Mystic Light. Can anyone please advise me on what can be done?

Thank you for your time and any effort you put into helping me. 

Strictly speaking, with enough time, money, talent, and skill, anything *can* be done.

But, as only one brand actually sells chroma-compliant fans, it likely wouldn't be easy and would probably require more time and effort than it's worth if you aim to do anything other than have fun.

Here are the only chroma-certified fans I am aware of: https://www.amazon.com/Thermaltake-Software-Addressable-Hydraulic-CL-F073-PL12SW/dp/B07N7PKNFR

Brands I wholeheartedly reccomend (though do have flawed products): Apple, Razer, Corsair, Asus, Gigabyte, bequiet!, Noctua, Fractal, GSkill (RAM only)

Wall Of Fame (Informative people/People I like): @Glenwing @DrMacintosh @Schnoz @TempestCatto @LogicalDrm @Dan Castellaneta

Useful threads: 

How To Make Your Own Cloud Storage

Spoiler

Guide to Display Cables/Adapters

Spoiler

PSU Tier List (Latest)-

Spoiler

Main PC: See spoiler tag

Laptop: 2020 iPad Pro 12.9" with Magic Keyboard

Spoiler

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gKh8zN

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core OEM/Tray Processor  (Purchased For $419.99) 
Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Formula ATX AM4 Motherboard  (Purchased For $356.99) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (Purchased For $130.00) 
Storage: Kingston Predator 240 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $40.00) 
Storage: Crucial MX300 1.05 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Storage: Western Digital Red 8 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  (Purchased For $180.00) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB WINDFORCE Video Card  (Purchased For $370.00) 
Case: Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C ATX Mid Tower Case  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMi 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (Purchased For $120.00) 
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  (Purchased For $75.00) 
Total: $1891.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-04-02 19:59 EDT-0400

身のなわたしはる果てぞ  悲しわたしはかりけるわたしは

17 minutes ago, Musicfan266 said:

Hey everyone, first post here but had a quick question. I am new to this RGB scene and need some advice. 

First the details: I have bought the DeepCool Matrexx 50 with the included 4 addressable RGB fans included. I also have the MSI X470 Gaming Plus motherboard. I have the DeepCool RGB Convertor, to connect the RGB convertor to my motherboard. However, the Mystic Light by MSI is horrible, and my Razer keyboard and mouse have much more control over the lighting using Chroma. 

Now for the question: I am looking to replace the Zalman Z SYNC RGB Controller, but looks like the connectors for the RGB on the fans are not the same connectors for the controller. I have looked all over for a schematic on the wires for the fans to replace the connectors with 3 or 4 pin connectors. However, I am not sure which wire should go where and/or if there is a better way to do this. I would like to have the fans and keyboard/mouse be controlled using Chroma rather that Mystic Light. Can anyone please advise me on what can be done?

Thank you for your time and any effort you put into helping me. 

so as far as i no razer only dose keyboards, mouse, headsets and what not but they don't have an controller or fans for that matter (well they have a controller in the lianli dynamic 011 razer case ) but be sides that you cant synic them together unless the software side can be synced with each other but that i dont no.

aso for  Zalman Z SYNC RGB dint even no that there still around... i was look at a pick and seems that website is gone.... but looking at the pick likes like standard 2+1 pin....

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

Thank you both for the quick replies. 

SenKa, I will look at those fans you have mentioned. However, I am willing to but forth the effort in replacing the connectors, I have always been a DYI guy, and if it don't work make it work.. lol..

thrasher,

I guess I should have done more research on the company before ordering the controller on Amazon.. I have included pictures of the Amazon description saying that it is fully compatible with Chroma. But anyone can put what they want on a product page, that doesn't make it true..

I have included images of the connectors and the controller. The fan connectors have one wire with grey dashed lines on it. I think that is ground but not sure.. 

I am willing to spend the 10 bucks on connectors before 100 - 150 on new fans. I just built this pc and hard to justify buying new fans for lighting effects. 

Screenshot_20200423-212823.jpg

IMG_20200423_211814.jpg

Screenshot_20200423-210756.jpg

30 minutes ago, Musicfan266 said:

Thank you both for the quick replies. 

SenKa, I will look at those fans you have mentioned. However, I am willing to but forth the effort in replacing the connectors, I have always been a DYI guy, and if it don't work make it work.. lol..

thrasher,

I guess I should have done more research on the company before ordering the controller on Amazon.. I have included pictures of the Amazon description saying that it is fully compatible with Chroma. But anyone can put what they want on a product page, that doesn't make it true..

I have included images of the connectors and the controller. The fan connectors have one wire with grey dashed lines on it. I think that is ground but not sure.. 

I am willing to spend the 10 bucks on connectors before 100 - 150 on new fans. I just built this pc and hard to justify buying new fans for lighting effects. 

Screenshot_20200423-212823.jpg

IMG_20200423_211814.jpg

Screenshot_20200423-210756.jpg

so the first pic of the connector is jst-sm connector. and on the controller im guessing standard 2+1 connector. so you need a cable like this this or make one.

this + this or cut this

do to the virus lots of products are missing off amazon or whats there the price when up...

5v argb header 2.jpg

mb argb psu power diagram update 2.jpg

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

Excellent, that is what I was looking for.. thank you!! Will these connectors work for the 3 and 4 pin connectors? 

1 hour ago, Musicfan266 said:

Excellent, that is what I was looking for.. thank you!! Will these connectors work for the 3 and 4 pin connectors? 

no

hmm i found this gl finding the software thoe...

Edited by thrasher_565

Thank you for all the advice. I will update once I have tried a few things that you mentioned