Suggestions on a PC Build

KnightGx3

1. Budget & Location

$1200, roughly. USA

2. Aim

Gaming, mostly, but want the ability to be good at workstation tasks as well, due to work.

3. Monitors

None to start, I'm going to use a 24" TV until I can get a dual setup for gaming monitors. I'd like to be at or below 4ms response time preferably up to 1440p if it's worth it? (not 4k, not upping to that ANYTIME soon) But so suggestions on monitors would be great. Maybe a good quality dual monitor stand?

4. Peripherals

I have a Logitech G703 I got brand new at a pawn shop for $20. I would like to possibly get a wireless Logitech gaming keyboard to pair with it (not immediately, I have a keyboard that could work for the time being) that would match the G633 Artemis Spectrum headphones I got for $10 on clearance. I was thinking and I'm not sure if this would be good but I was looking into the ROG Strix B450f gaming mobo and a Ryzen 7 3700x cpu. I believe I would need OS unless I could somehow use the key from a laptop I'm going to trash? But so basically, I would need everything from case to the guts. I would like M.2 NVMe for a boot drive.

5. Why are you upgrading?

First desktop build... I have a laptop but want to upgrade to desktop and use the laptop for when on the road.

Here is a good build for gaming. I do not think that you can use the key from the laptop as it will most likely be a oem key and be locked to the laptop. You can find key for a fairly low price like $20 online from websites like kingwin and there are some other websites but just can't think of them right now. You can even not activate windows and still use it but with a little watermark at the bottom of your screen. Here is a article on this.

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/get-windows-10-free-or-cheap,5717.html

So based on the link you posted at the end, it appears as if I would be able to use that dying laptop's key to activate it on a desktop build and then I'm going to toss that thing in the trash. It's a 2013 Alienware that takes 10 minutes to boot. I can't stomach that thing. But I was gifted a HP Omen laptop that is pretty decent but I want to build the desktop. I like that MSI board. And is the 5700xt much better than the 5500xt? That was a suggestion I had written down that someone else told me about since it's like half the price of the one in this list. Also, would I need to update the bios on that board for the 3700x?