Best way to control 6 LL120 in icue without commander pro???

TheLastMcLaren

So i recently got help from a discord server, and i was wondering what the best and most efficient way is to control all 6 LL120 fans.

So im buying the corsair 465X which comes with a normal fan hub (not commander pro) and 3 LL120 fans.

Im planning to buy the h150i and 3 additional LL120 fans. Im gonna install 3 LL120 fans on the H150i.

But connecting power to motherboard, then i wont be able to control the fan lighting in icue... right?

So if i get 3 splitter Y-Cables, then i can connect all power cables from LL fans to the aio like that, and then their RGB connectors to the fan hub. Will that make it work so i can control all fans in iCue or is there a more efficient way? (Commander pro is obviously great but its kinda pricy)

11 minutes ago, TheLastMcLaren said:

So i recently got help from a discord server, and i was wondering what the best and most efficient way is to control all 6 LL120 fans.

So im buying the corsair 465X which comes with a normal fan hub (not commander pro) and 3 LL120 fans.

Im planning to buy the h150i and 3 additional LL120 fans. Im gonna install 3 LL120 fans on the H150i.

But connecting power to motherboard, then i wont be able to control the fan lighting in icue... right?

So if i get 3 splitter Y-Cables, then i can connect all power cables from LL fans to the aio like that, and then their RGB connectors to the fan hub. Will that make it work so i can control all fans in iCue or is there a more efficient way? (Commander pro is obviously great but its kinda pricy)

Your only option would be using the included controller.  But its very limited for effects.

M0NDg85h.png

You can find corsair wiring diagrams here:
https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=173880

Slayerking92

<Type something witty here>
<Link to some pcpartpicker fantasy build and claim as my own>

31 minutes ago, Slayerking92 said:

Your only option would be using the included controller.  But its very limited for effects.

M0NDg85h.png

You can find corsair wiring diagrams here:
https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=173880

wait so what would that mean? i could still control them via icue with the way i explained it first right?

8 minutes ago, TheLastMcLaren said:

wait so what would that mean? i could still control them via icue with the way i explained it first right?

not possible without a lighting node pro or commander pro to use Icue

Slayerking92

<Type something witty here>
<Link to some pcpartpicker fantasy build and claim as my own>

6 minutes ago, Slayerking92 said:

not possible without a lighting node pro or commander pro to use Icue

well yeah the lighting node pro comes with LL120 3 pack so ill just be using that