RTX Voice doesn't require RTX at all

randomhkkid
On 5/1/2020 at 8:03 PM, Wintyr said:

Supprised there new news on LTT about a video on this scam Nvidia is trying to hawk

You're not using the word "scam" correctly.

22 hours ago, Wintyr said:

ahh because you dont need RTX to use both Ray tracing and RTX voice RTX voice like impacts my FPS on my 1660 super by like mabey a frame if that about the same performance lose if i have a a tensure core do it.

That's not what a scam is.

The program does exactly what it says it does. It's not a scam just because you can change some settings and have it run on cards officially not supported by Nvidia.

4 hours ago, Wintyr said:

someone mentioned there a plugin for equalizer pro that does this already and possable Discords new krisp thing not sure if there as good but i may have to test it out

Yes, programs like Krisp does a similar thing. But like some tests have shown, RTX Voice performs waay better.

I feel like a lot of people in this thread are just hating on this because they are fanboys and can't stand anything Nvidia does, even when it's good.

well the scam is if you spend this an extra amount of money on RTX to make i run but no you dont there is no AI using tensor cores to do anything if a card that does not have any of this can do it without.    a dishonest scheme; a fraud. is the meaning of scam.  So yea its a scam and i used it right NVIDIA is being dishonest.  the only thing you need to edit is the command line that prevents you from installing the software.

On 5/3/2020 at 1:46 AM, Wintyr said:

well the scam is if you spend this an extra amount of money on RTX to make i run but no you dont there is no AI using tensor cores to do anything if a card that does not have any of this can do it without.    a dishonest scheme; a fraud. is the meaning of scam.  So yea its a scam and i used it right NVIDIA is being dishonest.  the only thing you need to edit is the command line that prevents you from installing the software.

It's the first release of a beta program, and they make it super easy to disable the RTX check.

I wouldn't call that a scam or them trying to deceive people. If it's still like this in the general release then I will have an easier time agreeing with you.

I think you have the wrong idea about how programs are made. I think you are thinking "wow, Nvidia only had to change one line of code and it would have worked with all cards!". In reality, Nvidia were the ones who made it so that it would work on any card with just one line edit.

If Nvidia were trying to lock this down to RTX cards only, then they could have done so. But they didn't.

10 hours ago, LAwLz said:

It's the first release of a beta program, and they make it super easy to disable the RTX check.

I wouldn't call that a scam or them trying to deceive people. If it's still like this in the general release then I will have an easier time agreeing with you.

I think you have the wrong idea about how programs are made. I think you are thinking "wow, Nvidia only had to change one line of code and it would have worked with all cards!". In reality, Nvidia were the ones who made it so that it would work on any card with just one line edit.

If Nvidia were trying to lock this down to RTX cards only, then they could have done so. But they didn't.

OK tide Pod 

on a brighter note did not see this posted but for those that did not know you can help teach the so called AI how to filter sounds it has not so far https://broadcast.nvidia.com/feedback?sdk=voice

So I had installed RTX Voice with this "hack". Does anyone have any benchmarks for this case? Because I have no way to properly test this myself ATM.

Read the community standards; it's like a guide on how to not be a moron.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.

On 5/6/2020 at 4:18 PM, Colonel_Gerdauf said:

So I had installed RTX Voice with this "hack". Does anyone have any benchmarks for this case? Because I have no way to properly test this myself ATM.

What do you mean by benchmarks? If you're looking to test it out try to use the built in voice recorder in windows.

If you're after performance impact take a look here 

Data Scientist - MSc in Advanced CS, B.Eng in Computer Engineering

Is there a way to run RTX voice on a laptop with a Nvidia Mx250?

On 5/12/2020 at 6:08 PM, dh12043 said:

Best way to find out would be to follow the directions GTX owners follow to get it working. If it really is just needing cuda cores that GPU appears to have some, not sure if the count/speed will work well with RTX voice. But, once you know share your experience. I know RTX voice is running great on my GTX 1660ti in my laptop.

On 5/6/2020 at 8:48 PM, Colonel_Gerdauf said:

join a discord chat and make some noise, it works quite well. only problem is when you restart you need to re-select the mic else discord keeps saying no input. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

Any word on getting this working for AMD cards?

CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X | RAM - 64 GB DDR4 3200MHz | GPU - Nvidia GTX 1660 ti | MOBO -  MSI B550 Gaming Plus

No chance...

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

Hey I just saw this on the latest vid on Floatplane, thanks for sharing my post randomhkkid, I was waiting for it to reach an LTT vid and now my life is complete!.

On 5/12/2020 at 5:08 PM, dh12043 said:

Laaaate af but I have an MX150 and I've been using it to teach for about a month and it's been great.

On 5/13/2020 at 12:08 AM, dh12043 said:

Well yes and no, let me explain. I've got an Hp Pavilion with a mx250 (2gb) and installed rtx voice as for the non rtx cards. The app runs, obviously not so well. I've recorded a test with a cherry blue keyboard in the background. It works but with so much inconsistency that my classes grades compared are a nobel prize. After all the trouble to get it to work my pc started to blue screen all over the place and I've found that the cause was the service that rtx voice creates. I needed to download windows "Autoruns" to disable it. At the end if you want to try it out you can, but after that I suggest you to uninstall it, it won't be consistent and in the worst case will cause a blue screen every time you pick up a zoom call. 

Well yes and no, let me explain. I've got an Hp Pavilion with a mx250 (2gb) and installed rtx voice as for the non rtx cards. The app runs, obviously not so well. I've recorded a test with a cherry blue keyboard in the background. It works but with so much inconsistency that my classes grades compared are a nobel prize. After all the trouble to get it to work my pc started to blue screen all over the place and I've found that the cause was the service that rtx voice creates. I needed to download windows "Autoruns" to disable it. At the end if you want to try it out you can, but after that I suggest you to uninstall it, it won't be consistent and in the worst case will cause a blue screen every time you pick up a zoom call. 

Thanks for the info. I am using a Mx250 4gb on an HP ENVY x360 so I will be skipping this.

For some reason RTX Voice has stopped working at all for me, there's just nothing on the Microphone output anymore. Need to try to uninstall/reinstall. 

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2