RTX Voice doesn't require RTX at all

randomhkkid
3 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

The news to me was RTX Voice is even a thing....

Might try this out. And recommend it to all my Cherry Blue switch friends ;) 

Same. I literally had to Google what "RTX Voice" even was. And Green > Blue. 

Had to make an account for this, feels like the entire internet has me gaslit - 
AI noise suppression has been available as a VST plugin for EqualiserAPO and the like for a while.
I've been using https://github.com/werman/noise-suppression-for-voice for almost two years now for keyboard & air conditioner noise for both my desk mic and my VR mic setups.

2 hours ago, Moppu said:

Had to make an account for this, feels like the entire internet has me gaslit - 
AI noise suppression has been available as a VST plugin for EqualiserAPO and the like for a while.
I've been using https://github.com/werman/noise-suppression-for-voice for almost two years now for keyboard & air conditioner noise for both my desk mic and my VR mic setups.

So AI can do some amazing video and image cleanup; specifically interpolation. This example just blows my mind!!! So at what point can this be used to cleanup and de-noise old master recordings? Perhaps enhanced instrumentation?

I just tested this thing myself and it sure works well. It's obviously not perfect, but it does clean up audio quite a lot and is a very definite improvement. My husband's brother's audio on Mumble is just terrible to listen to because of all the fan-noise, keyboard-clacks and everything, but now I can remove all that easily.

This thing's also useful for watching noisy Youtube-videos: I have Asperger's Syndrome and thus oversensitive senses, including hearing, and videos with even a small amount of background-noise easily become just a sea of noise to me, but with RTX Voice I can clean the audio up enough for me to have a far better listening-experience.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

Techpowerup did a review with audio samples if you guys want to check. 

https://www.techpowerup.com/review/nvidia-rtx-voice-real-life-test-performance-benchmark/3.html

Also performance and power consumption test.

voiceresults.png

They said their GPU consumed 30watts more with RTX Voice on because it stop the card to enter low power idle state. 

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

Computerbase compared the performance loss in the game Control between the RTX 2060 and the GTX 1060 while using it:

402732394_Screenshot_2020-04-23NvidiaRTXVoiceSehrguteErgebnisseaberesreichtauchGeForceGTX.thumb.png.db4b57f9c791a3953cc366db0347d660.png

The performance drop seems to be too similar to make sense if the RTX card was actually using the tensor cores, this seems like another case of Nvidia refusing to make the feature available on older GPUs for no proper reason. To confirm this it would be nice to see how the performance drops when using something like the 1080Ti or some of the 16xx cards, because maybe the higher drop in performance is due to factors other than the RTX to GTX like CUDA core count, memory speed or some other difference.

16 hours ago, BuckGup said:

I wouldn't doubt it based upon what Imagine and AMD has shown off in the past without RT and tensor cores. 

I don't think AMD has done anything similar in the past.

AMD had TrueAudio but that's completely different. That's about generating audio, not filtering it.

On 4/22/2020 at 2:44 PM, Vishera said:

Then they shouldn't call this gimmick RTX,silly NVIDIA...

They slapped their Tensor Cores under the RTX branding too, even though it's isn't related to ray tracing.

11 hours ago, KaitouX said:

The performance drop seems to be too similar to make sense if the RTX card was actually using the tensor cores, this seems like another case of Nvidia refusing to make the feature available on older GPUs for no proper reason. To confirm this it would be nice to see how the performance drops when using something like the 1080Ti or some of the 16xx cards, because maybe the higher drop in performance is due to factors other than the RTX to GTX like CUDA core count, memory speed or some other difference.

Using tensor cores or not, the entire SM is still busy due to RTX Voice. FP32/INT32 blocks and Tensor cores share the same SM, and Nvidia didn't say anything about being able to use both concurrently (like you can do with a FP32 and an INT32 block), so that may be why the performance drop is the same.

FX6300 @ 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 R2 | Hyper 212x | 3x 8GB + 1x 4GB @ 1600MHz | Gigabyte 2060 Super | Corsair CX650M | LG 43UK6520PSA
ASUS X550LN | i5 4210u | 12GB
Lenovo N23 Yoga

No linux support -_-

On 4/22/2020 at 2:20 PM, descendency said:

And Green > Blue. 

Well yes but actually box thicc clicks

Resident Mozilla Shill.   Typed on my Ortholinear JJ40 custom keyboard
               __     I am the ASCIIDino.
              / _)
     _.----._/ /      If you can see me you 
    /         /       must put me in your 
 __/ (  | (  |        signature for 24 hours.
/__.-'|_|--|_|        

Just did it, can confirm it works really well on my 1070. Worth trying out IMO

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

I have this install with a gtx 1080 and it was able to block the garbage trucks honking next to my apartment. That was really load and it was blocked.

Supprised there new news on LTT about a video on this scam Nvidia is trying to hawk

1 hour ago, Wintyr said:

Supprised there new news on LTT about a video on this scam Nvidia is trying to hawk

Why is it a scam?

FX6300 @ 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 R2 | Hyper 212x | 3x 8GB + 1x 4GB @ 1600MHz | Gigabyte 2060 Super | Corsair CX650M | LG 43UK6520PSA
Lenovo N23 Yoga

I want to point out for anyone planning on modding the file (C:\Temp\NVRTXVoice\NvAFX\RTXVoice.nvi) after running the installer once themselves, the directions say to delete the lines:

<constraints>
        <property name="Feature.RTXVoice" level="silent" text="${{InstallBlockedMessage}}"/>
</constraints>

but since the file is just standard XML, you can just comment the whole section out, that way you still have the text there if Nvidia breaks functionality later or this hack goes south somehow and you need to put the info back. Basically, you just need to add !-- and -- next to the first and last "constraints" lines (see below):

<!--constraints>
        <property name="Feature.RTXVoice" level="silent" text="${{InstallBlockedMessage}}"/>
</constraints-->

Engineer, electronics enthusiast, maker. My devices/tech:

Spoiler

Desktop (Main): i7-7700k/EVGA FTW3 RTX 3090/32" Curved QLED monitor

Desktop (HTPC): Ryzen 3-3200G/RX 580

Handheld: ASUS ROG Ally Z1 Extreme

Laptop: ASUS ROG Strix G15 Advantage

VR: Quest 2

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra

Dev Boards: TI MSP430/Arduino Uno/Raspberry Pi 4/esp32

Sound: Sony WH-1000XM4, HyperX Quadcast

Camera: Sony a6300 w/ 18-135mm kit lens

2 hours ago, igormp said:

Why is it a scam?

ahh because you dont need RTX to use both Ray tracing and RTX voice RTX voice like impacts my FPS on my 1660 super by like mabey a frame if that about the same performance lose if i have a a tensure core do it.

RTX Voice increases power consumption of non RTX cards massively, on an RTX card it's zero. It might technically work but it's a bad idea, there's a reason they don't advertise it there. 

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

8 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

RTX Voice increases power consumption of non RTX cards massively,

Source? Can't find any, although reports on GPU usage suggest very low impact, hence very low power consumption.

on an RTX card it's zero.

Not exactly.

https://www.techpowerup.com/review/nvidia-rtx-voice-real-life-test-performance-benchmark/4.html

It might technically work but it's a bad idea, there's a reason they don't advertise it there. 

e02e5ffb5f980cd8262cf7f0ae00a4a9_press-x

on a 1660 super i saw a power draw diferance of 1 W turning it on or off while in usage turning it on used about 10% gpu but droped down to 5% after a few sex and use 3% memory and 1% of the buss not sure what techpower up was doing but my load is pretty low

The reason for his large power draw is he calculating in the forced increase that the card is no longer in idle but if you look at it while using the card already the power draw just for RTX voice is 1w ish

8 hours ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

Source? Can't find any, although reports on GPU usage suggest very low impact, hence very low power consumption.

Not exactly.

https://www.techpowerup.com/review/nvidia-rtx-voice-real-life-test-performance-benchmark/4.html

Meh, got bitten by someone who referenced those 30W and said it was on non-RTX, but this site sees it with an RTX, so yep. And I could not see a difference on my own RTX card, but it turns out it's already not idling becasue of other apps.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

9 hours ago, Wintyr said:

ahh because you dont need RTX to use both Ray tracing and RTX voice RTX voice like impacts my FPS on my 1660 super by like mabey a frame if that about the same performance lose if i have a a tensure core do it.

Yeah, you don't. But the RT cores do make ray tracing less painful (still runs like shit in current games though), and TCs help a TON with machine learning tasks (the only reason I bought one). I guess that rtx voice isn't just demanding enough for anyone to notice the difference between it running on a regular FP32 unit vs a tensor core.

Lenovo N23 Yoga

someone mentioned there a plugin for equalizer pro that does this already and possable Discords new krisp thing not sure if there as good but i may have to test it out

one thing of note did nvidia say this program is far from ready so i guess it could go through some performance tweaking before now and alot of this could be even better.  I am sure they find a way to prevent non RTX to try and install it in some way but at least we have the legacy software to use it.